Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chaz Bono on Dancing With the Stars?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM
  • 15 Replies

Apparently DWTS (which I have never seen) casted Chaz Bono -Sonny and Cher's transgendered son- to be a contestant. There has been a big backlash toward their decision because the opposition says ABC is pushing a pro-gay/transgender agenda.

What do you think?

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I think people have to stop being homophobic. They have to get over themselves, people are just people.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I agree.

Quoting goddess99:

I think people have to stop being homophobic. They have to get over themselves, people are just people.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Allowing Chaz to be on the show isn't 'pushing' anything. If you are against sex changes or homosexuality, then by all means don't watch the show. How hard is that?? I see it more as the Network saying that they accept Chaz for who he is, not what he has been. For all intents and purpose Chaz is still very much a human being.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Um, how is he a star? I mean I know people know him, but to go as far as saying hes a "star" Idk about that show anymore...

Allebas
by Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Personally, I don't watch Dancing with the stars, so I don't really CARE if they put CHASTITY on there!! SHE is STILL A SHE!! I don't give a CRAP if a person has their boobs removed and takes hormones to change their voice, cut their hair short or WHATEVER!!! It does NOT change the FACT that the person STILL IS and ALWAYS WILL BE the sex THEY were BORN to begin with!!! Do ANY of you realize that ANY transgendered person who goes out and commits a crime and leaves DNA--that DNA WILL show up as the gender under which the person was born!!! I am NOT a homophobe!!! I just get SICK and TIRED of ppl calling someone a guy when they were born a GIRL and GENETICALLY they will ALWAYS BE a GIRL PERIOD!!!!!! IMO, transgender is wrong!! God makes ppl the sex HE wanted them to be whether they 'feel' like they were suppose to be the opposite sex PERIOD!!! Otherwise, we would be saying that God makes 'mistakes!!' HE does NOT make 'mistakes!!' OK!! End of rant!! Carry on--oh and by the way, go ahead and bash me ALL you like--I really don't give a CRAP!! Have a nice weekend!! buuuu bye!!!!

PS-does NOT even "LOOK" like a GUY!!!

cocoa132
by Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Omg!blank stare

deccaf
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM
I think since "he" hasn't had, nor intends to have, "bottom" surgery, "he" is still a she. When there are male parts, then you are a male
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM

LMAO! yeah that was my thought too. I'm atheist. To me people can do whatever the hell they want.

Quoting cocoa132:

Omg!blank stare

USAFamily
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I have no issue with glbt in general, but I don't see how Chaz is a 'star' and any other justification of ABC using him on the show other than his sex change.

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Um, how is he a star? I mean I know people know him, but to go as far as saying hes a "star" Idk about that show anymore...

Andeigh
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 5:43 PM

They put him on their to get ratings, my mom and I were talking about it at lunch.. There will be people that will watch just to see what he does, and people that won't watch because they are against the "gays"   

Personally I don't see the big deal, he was also on celebrity fit club, and he's just as big of as a "celebrity" as some of the people they have on there. 

And to the poster who said they disagree with being transgender.. You know what I'm gonna bite my tongue, but you are very, very ignorant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)