Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you do it?

Do you go alone? with hubby? with kids?

Do you shop at 1 store for everything or do you go to a few places? Is it once a week, month?

Do you have a list or do you wing it? Is your list really the same every time?

Are you a hardcore coupon junkie?

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Replies (11-14):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I shop alone and I shop at Super Target and Kroger

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I go with hubby and usually the kids. If they are begging to go to grandma's and she says it's okay I drop them off on the way. I can't send him by himself because even with a list I don't get what I need. For example he bought paper plates when I wrote paper towels. We shop mostly at wal-mart and just price match the ads from the other stores. We go to a butcher for the meat most the time. List is pretty much the same all the time, except when we need things like shampoo and laundry soap, stuff you don't necessarily need every week. I use coupons when I have them, but I'm not running out and buying a paper just so I can have the coupons. Wouldn't work for me anyway since grocery shopping is done on saturdays.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 3, 2011 at 1:41 PM

1 of our problems is where to shop. Neither of us care for Walmart and have decided to just shop at a Idk "local" grocery store..? there are 2 other large grocery stores in town, neither are a large chain. But the prices are a little higher and they don't have somethings we need so we end up going to Walmart anyway. It sucks. Then we use a local butcher for some stuff. It's only a couple blocks from our house and I know the owners so I've been going there for over 30 years. But we're just tired of making so many stops. Me and my dh do the shopping together on Friday evening when he gets done with work but he's tired and it's just starting to be too much. I'm thinking about just me going on like Sat. or Sun. but he has stuff he wants to pick out and the whole experience is like a high maintenance trip through hell. lol ...I can't even imagine throwing coupons into the mix.

buella
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Quoting goddess99:

How do you do it?

Do you go alone? with hubby? with kids? USUALLY IT IS A FAMILY AFFAIR 

Do you shop at 1 store for everything or do you go to a few places? Is it once a week, month? USUALLY ONE STORE FOR MOST THINGS AN THEN, FARMERS MARKET FOR PRODUCE & ANOTHER STORE FOR MY MEAT

Do you have a list or do you wing it? Is your list really the same every time?  LIST ALWAYS!

Are you a hardcore coupon junkie? I COUON BUT NOT HARDCORE. I WISH I WERE BETTER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN