Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Grocery Shopping

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

How do you do it?

Do you go alone? with hubby? with kids?

Do you shop at 1 store for everything or do you go to a few places? Is it once a week, month?

Do you have a list or do you wing it? Is your list really the same every time?

Are you a hardcore coupon junkie?

by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Grocery shopping for us has most definity gotten more difficult. I really would love to see what others do.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM

LOL So many questions!!!!!

DH and I switch off who does the shopping, I usually bring the kids, he doesn't we do a big shop every other week when he gets paid, we go to one major grocery store for the most part, but sometimes we go to a local grocery store if we need just a few things to accent a meal

We use a list 95% of the time

Im horrible at keeping track of coupons lol

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Who goes is usually dependant upon availability at the time. Lol. It's usually me and the kids which ALWAYS turns into a nightmare no matter what time of the day I go. Even if I take just one I wind up rushing through my trip and forget something.

I tend to shop at Walmart so that way I can browse through all the stuff that I don't need/can't afford. Gives me a chance to break the monotiny that is my life. :)

I make a list. It's more for reference than anything though.

No, the only thing I'm hardcore about is not being hardcore about anything. Haha. I tend to buy things I don't typically buy simply b/c I have a coupon for it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 2, 2011 at 2:53 PM

lol this was my down sized list of questions .. I have been grocery shopping for decades but it just seems to be getting harder.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 3, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Alone mostly and to a few stores! Usually go from a list and use coupons.

my3girlshat
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM

How do you do it? I walk into the store and put things in my cart, pay for them, then take them home. Sorry felt like being a smart ass on this one. LOL

Do you go alone? with hubby? with kids? I try to go during the weekend while DH is home so I can go by myself, otherwise I usually have at least 2 of the kids with me. We have learned that if we go as a family(aka DH goes with me) we spend a lot more than when I go alone.

Do you shop at 1 store for everything or do you go to a few places?  I start out at Aldi and get what I can there. Then I go to either the local grocery store or Walmart for the rest.Is it once a week, month? The big grocery shopping trips are every 2 weeks when DH gets paid. But I tend to have to run to the store during the week for little things. 

Do you have a list or do you wing it? Is your list really the same every time? I have a list. It's not all the same every time. Some things are staples though that we always need.

Are you a hardcore coupon junkie? Not hardcore, but I like getting a good deal when I can.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Usually it's me and my youngest while my Dh and oDD are at work/school .

I shop in one store and I make a menu for the week, then a list of ingredients I don't have. I do not coupon.

mommyinindiana
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM
i usually take my 4yr old with me & sometimes we all go. I sometimes make a list. I go to many different store and rarely use coupons
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillsMOM72
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM
My hubby hates going so usually is just me and my 4 yr old. I normally shop at Winn Dixie or walmart. I go weekly, always need a list. I do coupon but not crazy with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM
We go with both kiddos usually. Although now we try to go when ds is in school. Usually once a month for one big stock up trip. Then a few other times in the month for odds and ends. We try to stick to a list. I've just started couponing, but nothing crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)