Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tips and Tricks: School edition

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM
  • 3 Replies

What sort of advice would you give a mom who's child is entering school for the first time?

How do you handle bullying?

Do you buy new clothes or just 'add' to their wardrobe?

Click on me to see what it's all about!

by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I just add to their wardrobe. I have a friend that buys clothes as the season arrives. However, she just has one. I can't imagine taking all my children every 3 months and buying a whole new wardrobe for the season. Besides, summer clothes can work in the winter too by layering or adding hoodies. Ya know?

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM
We have two small ones so for us we tend to buy as they grow. I would imagine when they are older we will add to what they have and replace worn out items. We bought our 4 year old a bunch of 'nice' clothes for preschool only to be told that they paint every day and could possibly ruin good clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM

My advice would be, if you have any concerns at all with your child being at school the best thing you can do is volunteer. That way you are at the school to see what actually goes on. Because I know 100% first hand, what parents Think goes on at school can be Vastly different that what Actually happens at school!

Bullying: If this is going on, talk to the teacher immediately, if that doesn't work move to the Principal, if that doesn't work go on to the Superintendent. Threaten to remove your child from the District. All people see are dollar signs leaving after a statement like that. They will intervene. If it continues then get the police involved.

I tend to buy a complete new wardrobe just before school starts and add to it as weather changes or clothes are outgrown.

Check out my group: P.T.O. Officers

http://www.cafemom.com/group/pto

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)