Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Is love ?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

In Hollywood it shows that it is only emotions and sex.  I think that emotions can be one of  the things that come from love.  like an apple from an apple tree. The apple is not the tree, but it springs from it.

Here's what I believe Love is;

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud and is not quick to   take offense.

Notice it's all about how you treat someone ( it is not a physical thing).

by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM
... Just a second hand emotion...

Lol sorry. I saw the title and that was the first thing that came to mind. For me, love is compassion, caring, understanding, loyalty and honesty wrapped up in a pretty package.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Hahaha!

Quoting jltplk25:

Lol sorry. I saw the title and that was the first thing that came to mind. For me, love is compassion, caring, understanding, loyalty and honesty wrapped up in a pretty package.

I was thinking

'Baby don't hurt me, no more'

USAFamily
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I can't define Love, and I don't really think you should define it. Relationships can be defined but the actual emotion of love is a feeling in and of itself. And it's probably different for everyone.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 3, 2011 at 7:59 PM

me too lol

Quoting USAFamily:

Hahaha!

Quoting jltplk25:

I was thinking

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Hahaha. I have that stuck in my head now.

Someday love will find you... Break the chains that bind you... True love won't break you (Journey is playing right now, oddly enough!)

Quoting USAFamily:

Hahaha!

Quoting jltplk25:

I was thinking

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Totally what was instantly in my head now.

Get it out!!! Ahhhh!

Quoting USAFamily:

Hahaha!

Quoting jltplk25:

I was thinking

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I agree

Quoting CynthiaMom:

In Hollywood it shows that it is only emotions and sex.  I think that emotions can be one of  the things that come from love.  like an apple from an apple tree. The apple is not the tree, but it springs from it.

Here's what I believe Love is;

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud and is not quick to take offense.

Notice it's all about how you treat someone ( it is not a physical thing).

LOswald0314
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I don't believe love is a feeling.  In fact, at a marriage retreat we went to it was defined more as a commitment to each other.  To wake up, and even when you aren't feeling that loving feeling, to still be committed and make the effort to show love.

buella
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I love that quote. I live by it ;)

USAFamily
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I've never woke up without 'that loving feeling' for the last 10 years. I'm gonna say I'm good lol.

Quoting LOswald0314:

I don't believe love is a feeling.  In fact, at a marriage retreat we went to it was defined more as a commitment to each other.  To wake up, and even when you aren't feeling that loving feeling, to still be committed and make the effort to show love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)