Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Pedipaws?*updates with my own review

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM
  • 15 Replies

If you have one what do you think of it? I've been wanting to try it out and found one on amazon for $3.99 so I decided to go for it. At least if it doesn't work out I'm not out much.

9/6 So it arrived ahead of schedule, wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow at the earliest which was a plus. After spending half an hour hunting down 2 "C" batteries I am pleasantly surprised to find this thing is actually pretty quiet compared to a Dremel. Ash apparently is just as bad as the kids about the as seen on tv commercials and was pretty curious about it. Turned it on and he was fine with it. Used it to pet his back and legs and he still didn't have a problem with it. In fact we had no problems until the girls started being nosy and making a big deal out of it. So I had to get them to settle down and leave us alone, then get him settled down because at this point he's figured out it's about his nails and he really hates the clippers.  Slowly but surely he relaxed and actually let me get the job done. It's the shortest I've ever taken his nails, no more clicking through the kitchen. I gave him a treat when we were done and he was very lovey the rest the night. Could be that I felt a little more at ease with this than I do the clippers. Took about an hour to get his nails done and the only thing I didn't like was once we got going I noticed that the nail being ground down smells similar to burnt hair.  I would say it's worth the $3.99 I paid for it.

by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:19 PM

My brother has 1 and likes it

betsyfaith
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:34 PM

what is it?

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM

nail grooming thing for pets

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM

thanks! I'm having trouble with the clippers spliting his nail. Leaves something comparable to a hang nail and I end up filing his nails when I'm done.

Quoting goddess99:

nail grooming thing for pets

USAFamily
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I've never had one-- I think it would scare the crap out of my dog lol

buella
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Did NOT work for us. My dog was to much of a spaz..

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Ash is pretty skiddish but he is getting used to some noises so I have my fingers crossed.

Quoting buella:

Did NOT work for us. My dog was to much of a spaz..

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM
I asked my aunt who is a groomer a while back... Said it worked but was super loud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM

bump

VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Haven't tried, but I know people that say it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)