Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ear Piercing!?!

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

So my mother got my ears pierced at 3 months! My dd is almost 4 months and has had her first 2 rounds of shots. The pedi said it was ok so I took her to The Icing in the mall and got them pierced on Friday! Now my dh actually suggested it bc she is a girl and we think its cute, plus its easier to do em now and get her use to them! They uses a brand new gun, gloves, ear rings, and etc so all was clean. She cried a lil but has been fine since, no swelling or redness at all! When I clean em and turn em she just smiles at me! Well, I know everyone has their own opinion and thats fine but my friends loser bf commented on my fb that I am a horrible mother and my child is going to get a infection. WTH!?!? What a a**hole! He works at a bread store slicing bagels for crying out loud and has no children. Even worse my friend says she sees his point, yet her kid got fleas bc they are dirty! I have no problem with opinions but feel like he took it too far by going on a rampage on my fb wall! Any opinions on this topic!?

by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristaross08
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:25 PM
My girls had them done at that age and now are 16 months and 3! No problems yet! I would do it again if I have another girl!
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I got my dd's ears pierced when she was 4 or 5 I think but Idk what happened and they were tugging or something. I think dd was messing with them but either way now she can't wear them and you can still see the holes that look like ovals :(

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Thanks! I feel there is nothing wrong with it!

Quoting kristaross08:

My girls had them done at that age and now are 16 months and 3! No problems yet! I would do it again if I have another girl!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Thats no good momma! Sorry!

Quoting goddess99:

I got my dd's ears pierced when she was 4 or 5 I think but Idk what happened and they were tugging or something. I think dd was messing with them but either way now she can't wear them and you can still see the holes that look like ovals :(

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I know :( it sucks, now I have a 9 year old with clip on earrings lol ugh I swear. and they don't make many clip on earrings for little girls to pick from.

Quoting Pammi86:

Thats no good momma! Sorry!

Quoting goddess99:

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:30 PM
I'd delete his comments if it were me. The only way she would get an infection is if you didn't take care if them or if she's allergic to the studs. Although I dint know you well you don't come across as a negligent mother so why would you not keep up with the piercing? Lol.

Those with no children always think they know how to raise other people's children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Due to the problems that come with using a piercing gun and health issues related to piercing I am very much against piercing young children.. however, I would never wish harm on another child and feel that the parent's should make that choice

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:39 PM

To each her own. When my 12 year old got hers done last year they told us they no longer want you to turn them because you are more likely to get an infection from messing them. Probably varies place to place and with age though.

buella
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:50 PM

We got my dd's done at 4 months

USAFamily
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM

I don't care when kids get their ears pierced. We just had an awful experience with my oldest and waited to re-pierce hers until she was 5, and won't pierce my youngests until she is the same age and understands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)