Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you react?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 11:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

When someone asks you the ever popular question of "So when are you going to have another one (baby)?"

I was repeated asked this as my mother-in-law's party today because there were a lot of babies present. At first it was funny, told them I already have a new one, it's a boy and he runs around on four legs and goes to bed when I tell him too. But after a while it got really irritating. My response turned to "What three isn't enough?"

by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mojitomommy
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 11:32 PM
I would just straight up say .. We are done ..
Ppl ask me when I am going to try for a boy ( we have 3 girls ) but we are soo done and I don't mind telling pol that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Sep. 5, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I've never had anyone ask me that.

my3girlshat
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I get the question now, "So, you're done now right?" We have 3 girls and a boy. The answer is yes, but what difference does it make if we decide to keep popping kids out? We take care of them. It annoys me when I get asked that. Before we had our boy it was always, "Are you gonna try for a boy now?"

LindaClement
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I am kind of blunt.... and sarcastic. People who know me don't ask questions like that... haven't for a good long time.

However... if someone braved it, when it was possible, I'd probably have said something charming along the lines of 'well, I was going to screw him right now, but you're still here....'

Or possibly, one of these:

Thursday, at around 3:18am. 

Why do you care, are you planning on breastfeeding them and taking care of all the midnight diapers?

Well, since your son has been impotent (or sterile) for some time now... do you know anyone else I could use?

I thought you felt I was a terrible mother, why would you want another child to suffer through that?

Actually, funny you should ask... we're tired of these ones and we're going to start on the new ones once we figure out how to get rid of the first three...

VintageWife
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 1:55 AM

^^^HAHA!

VintageWife
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I hate when you are already pregnant and someone asks "you know how that happens right?" I always have a smart alec reply ready like

"gee, i did, but don't you just know it...i forgot and washed our undies together again"

or

"yep, but once again, i forgot and put the toothbrushes in the same cup"

LindaClement
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 2:03 AM

I always thought it came in the mail.

... sorry, that one's only really funny when you say it out loud ...

Quoting VintageWife:

I hate when you are already pregnant and someone asks "you know how that happens right?" I always have a smart alec reply ready like

"gee, i did, but don't you just know it...i forgot and washed our undies together again"

or

"yep, but once again, i forgot and put the toothbrushes in the same cup"

USAFamily
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 7:44 AM

I just say the baby factory has been shut down :)

armywife1229
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I don't get asked it often, but I think I would just respnd and say, maybe later. Family knows we're happy with our 2 as do our friends. Its not anyone's business and I don't mind telling them so if they are persistent.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 6, 2011 at 8:37 AM
We usually get the "so your done now right?" question.
Apparently based on others opinions we need to stop at a boy and a girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)