Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Are you judgmental?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 24 Replies

Do you tend to judge people easily?  If so, why?

Do you consider yourself to NOT be a judgmental person, but still find yourself judging certain things?  What are they?

by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I try not to judge but I am human. I like to see both sides of the picture and make my own conclusions about things rather than let other's opinions sway me. I also take in to consideration how a person makes me feel...

Kristymomof4
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I think everyone judges to a certain extent. I try not to, but first impressions mean a lot...

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM
I don't judge people unless they say something offensive about someone else...then I see that person as someone I wouldn't want to have conversions with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM

If you are actively stupid in my presence I might judge you lol.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I'm with Byron Katie on the subject: human minds judge, it's as impossible to stop them from doing that as it is to start flying just by thinking about it.

That said, what we do with that judgement is entirely our own choice... I happen to choose to file it and think with a broader perspective (including the idea that I'm probably wrong about what I just decided someone is, or what they meant). It takes practice, and I'm a long way from perfect... and I still find it very uncomfortable to find myself aware of when I've 'made up my mind' without sufficient information to justify it...

I do tend to see people in a much more compassionate light, even the people who are apparently 'evil' because I've learned over my lifetime that people like that aren't born --and they didn't make themselves that way --they are a product of all that has happened to them, the vast majority of which is not of their choosing.

buella
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I am quick to make judgements if I think someone looks creepy, I pull my kids a little closer.

I know it's wrong an I try not to.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:44 PM

:\ I try really hard not to, and I reserve my judgements usually until I have met someone and at least exchanged words with them.

TashaB82
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:46 PM
This!!!!

Quoting goddess99:

If you are actively stupid in my presence I might judge you lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andeigh
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:49 PM

this is one thing that cafemom is actually helped me with.

Let's say.. you see someone at the store using WIC, f/s, with a "few kids"  The old me might have thought, wow, she needs to quit having kids.. Now, I realize there are 100 reasons why she might be needing assistance and I don't know any of them.  

And, I may think things, but I'd never verbalize it.  

artsygirl2010
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 12:54 PM

i guess i can come off as judgemental sometimes even though i don't try to do that.

i am a very opinionated and blunt person. so if someone wants my honest opinion i give it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)