Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

toddlers and shoes

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 2:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

It's that time of year again where flip flops and sandals are put away and replaced with tennis shoes and boots. Only thing is, I'm not sure what size to buy 14 month old. Right now she's in a four and the shoes she has are a little snug. While at Walmart I tried on 5s in various styles/brands and all seemed too big. The thing is though, will she be in a 5 come winter/fall or will she still be in a 4? I know buying a 5 would be better in the long run since it's obvious she won't go down in size but at the same time I want her to be able to wear them now as well. She is a walker so I'm afraid that if I get a 5 and it's too big she'll trip alot.

Click on me to see what it's all about!

by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 6, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Is there a 4 and a half? If you want her wearing them now and the 5 is too big I would go with the 4's. If she doesn't really need them right this minute go with 5's.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Payless has half sizes..I say get her 2 pairs 4 1/2 for now and by Christmas she should be a 5, and get her new shoes for a christmas present..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Also different brands are different sizes..WE had issues with my 2 year old and new shoes because she has chunky feet..lol.. after trying on tons of shoes at target, kmart, walmart and payless it was very obvious that size 5 in some brands seemed bigger and others seemed more like a 4 1/2 than a 5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 6, 2011 at 3:30 PM

What I have done is bring my dd to get her feet sized then I buy a size that fits and the next size up . BOGO sales at payless :) buy 1 get 1 half off.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 6, 2011 at 3:38 PM
We are having this problem right now too. Baby shoes are so dang confusing. Her feet just hit a super growth spurt, so we are getting her 4s now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 6, 2011 at 4:19 PM
I would try to find a 4 1/2 if they make them! My dd is about 4 months so no shoes for her yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Thanks, Ladies! We will probably be going to Payless to start with. I looked online late one night while DH was still up so we have an idea of what store had what and the prices. Famous had some cute stuff but who wants to pay $50 for a pair of shoes that might last a month? Lol.

We're wanting to get her a pair of boots and a  pair of tennis shoes. Maybe I should get the tennis shoes in a 4.5 and the boots in a 5?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)