Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Where were you on that day?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you remember where you were on September 11, 2001?  That day has never left me.  It is coming upon the 10th Anniversary, hard to believe it has been that long.

I was at the Department of health and human Services when they wheeled a tv out into the waiting room and I remember all the employees just watching the tv.  I quickly grabbed my things and got out to call my hubby.  I then went and picked up my daughter from school... it was her first week of kindergarten.  I then picked my two boys up from my parents and went home to my husband.  We sat and watched everything unfold before us on the tv.

Please don't forget those who have fallen for us.  Know that you are all in hearts and you are not forgotten in this household!

Let'Roll!!!! God Bless America!!! 

Lynnamerican flag ribbon

by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love060708kids
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I was getting ready for school, i was a junior in high school.  Crazy!  This year we will celebrate our daughters 1 year birthday on Sept 11 :)  

She is our patriotic baby, she was conceived on R&R, found out I was pregnant before my husband returned to his FOB in Afghanistan.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM
I was in my Spanish class freshman year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3dragonflies
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Happy first birthday little one!

Quoting Love060708kids:

I was getting ready for school, i was a junior in high school.  Crazy!  This year we will celebrate our daughters 1 year birthday on Sept 11 :)  

She is our patriotic baby, she was conceived on R&R, found out I was pregnant before my husband returned to his FOB in Afghanistan.

mom_of_twingirl
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM
i was home sick from school and my dad was home sick from work..i was flipping thru the channels and saw a plane hit a building didnt know what building at first but told my dad and we watched to that whole day...where gonna get my brother out of school cu My dad got a call saying he might need to go help he is am EMT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xRockaBrittanyx
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I was in middle school, had just gotten to class, and found out.

the3Rs
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 12:11 PM

As with everyone else I remember that day very vividly - but for me it actually starts the night before.

I am known for having some pretty bad dreams - so I wasn't too surprised to find myself awake at night with another one.  This one was SO bad though, that I actually woke up my husband and asked him if there had been something on TV or the news about a plane crash - figuring that had wormed it's way into my dream.  There wasn't anything.

In the dream I was on a plane - but I wasn't actually a passenger - more like an observer - but I could feel extreme heat, the panic of those on board, and fire.  I also saw two school busses standing on end.  It was terrifying and awful & I couldn't get back to sleep.

The next morning was Sept. 11th.  I was a teacher and was in the teacher's lounge before school making copies for class.  A teacher came in and said a commuter plane had crashed - they believed it was an accident.  Didn't really think anything of it until someone ran in, turned on the TV and we saw everything unfolding- and there were my two "school busses" (a.k.a. towers) being hit by the planes.  It was a really surreal moment - very overwhelming.

When I got home, my DH was waiting for me asking if I was OK because he knew I had dreamt this the night before...it wasn't the first time my dreams have 'come true' so to speak and I admit I didn't handle it very well.

Anyway, that's my story.

3dragonflies
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 12:20 PM

what a wonderful story!

Quoting the3Rs:

As with everyone else I remember that day very vividly - but for me it actually starts the night before.

I am known for having some pretty bad dreams - so I wasn't too surprised to find myself awake at night with another one.  This one was SO bad though, that I actually woke up my husband and asked him if there had been something on TV or the news about a plane crash - figuring that had wormed it's way into my dream.  There wasn't anything.

In the dream I was on a plane - but I wasn't actually a passenger - more like an observer - but I could feel extreme heat, the panic of those on board, and fire.  I also saw two school busses standing on end.  It was terrifying and awful & I couldn't get back to sleep.

The next morning was Sept. 11th.  I was a teacher and was in the teacher's lounge before school making copies for class.  A teacher came in and said a commuter plane had crashed - they believed it was an accident.  Didn't really think anything of it until someone ran in, turned on the TV and we saw everything unfolding- and there were my two "school busses" (a.k.a. towers) being hit by the planes.  It was a really surreal moment - very overwhelming.

When I got home, my DH was waiting for me asking if I was OK because he knew I had dreamt this the night before...it wasn't the first time my dreams have 'come true' so to speak and I admit I didn't handle it very well.

Anyway, that's my story.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I was a freshman in high school. I was exiting my math class and saw people in shock and everyone on their cell phones. The rest of the day in our classes we watched it all unfold on tv. I will never forget September 11th and the ones who were lost. My brother got married last September 11th and we also found out we were pregnant with our dd then. I guess for us its kind of a bitter sweet day now.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 7, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I was snuggling with dh on the couch, this was before we got married. My ex called and told me about it, I thought it was just some crappy movie that he was watching and he just wanted to bug me.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I had bartended the night before and was just waking up and turned on tv and saw a guy interviewing someone and in the background you could see smoke. I thought it was another school bombing. But nope, I think I watched tv for about a week straight after that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)