Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where were you on that day?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you remember where you were on September 11, 2001?  That day has never left me.  It is coming upon the 10th Anniversary, hard to believe it has been that long.

I was at the Department of health and human Services when they wheeled a tv out into the waiting room and I remember all the employees just watching the tv.  I quickly grabbed my things and got out to call my hubby.  I then went and picked up my daughter from school... it was her first week of kindergarten.  I then picked my two boys up from my parents and went home to my husband.  We sat and watched everything unfold before us on the tv.

Please don't forget those who have fallen for us.  Know that you are all in hearts and you are not forgotten in this household!

Let'Roll!!!! God Bless America!!! 

Lynnamerican flag ribbon

by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM
Replies (11-16):
jballentine
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I was working for waffle house and right after my shift started we lost all our customers they just quit comming in. then we noticed the police clearing the main road. one of our regulars came in and told us to turn on the tv i cried i was pregnant with my odd. i realized the reason they were keeping traffic outside down was because one of the us mapping agencys is a stones throw from where i was at.

on a brighter note before everything happend I got my first ever $100 tip which was awesome because we had no more buisness for the day and my boss wouldn't let me go home.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I was at work.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I had just gotten to school, I remember thinking "why are they making such a big deal about a fire??" then I realized what was REALLY going on....also I had just found out I was pregnant with my son, I was 16, going on 17....

USAFamily
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I was in my Freshman year at Boise State. When the first plane hit, I was getting ready for my first class watching the 'Today' show. It seemed unreal, and I just was going about my day. After my class the second plane had hit. I was in the Student Union building and they had pulled down huge projection screens and were showing the news. At the time my boyfriend was a military guy and it sunk it what this meant. I just sat down on one of the chairs and sobbed watching everything unfold.

I didn't stay with that guy, but I met my husband about  months later. Our lives are very different since 9/11.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Oh, and my husband has been active duty for 14 years in the Air Force.

3dragonflies
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I'm sure I said this to you before... Please let your hubby know that my family THANKS him for his service! It means a lot to my family, the men and women who serve this country for us.... THANK YOU!

God Bless!

Quoting USAFamily:

Oh, and my husband has been active duty for 14 years in the Air Force.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)