Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are the suprisingly hard parts about moving to a new area?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM
  • 13 Replies

I did not realize how important a good pizza place was until we moved. Back in San Pedro there was a amazing place called Buonos. It was the best pizza ever!

Sadly we live an hour away and so I have it only if I feel like going by. This has led me on a mission....a mission to find a good pizza place that delievers to my home.

So far nothing has been able to really charm my taste buds.

So I am trying another new place that I heard was great. It should be here in 45 minutes. I hope this is one I will love!

What things have suprised you when moving out of area?

by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I haven't moved but we hope to live abroad in 10 years.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Oh and I hope you find a pizza place!!

monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Oh my goodness....the difference in people!  No offense, let me say right off the bat to people in PA, but being from the midwest, the east coast people (not everyone!) are totally different!  We joke about how we can spot other people that aren't from around here because we're so different.  Can't wait to be moving back to IL!!!  Also, a really good ice cream and pizza place.  There's an AWESOME ice cream place here and I don't think I'll ever find another one like it.

LOswald0314
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Well we are military and move a lot.  The only things I hate about it is finding a new hair stylist, and dentist office!

mickeymouse28
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 1:19 AM

we moved 10 months ago and i still have no friends

mtsmom1986
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 1:40 AM
I had avery hard time adjusting in Texas, but I'm doing AWESOME in Washington. (Were military). And btw, I work for Papa Johns, so I'm partial to them lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zanny
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 7:09 AM

I moved from rural Maine, to Sarasota Florida...  Please keep in mind, I am NOT a Mainer, I just lived there for 8 years.

Everything, is literally the opposite here..  I'm not complaining, I LOVE it here in Florida!  The weather, the people, having everything I need within a 15 minute drive..

I have to agree with the Hairdressers, the Pizza, the Ice Cream... I have found all of those, but it took time... Nail Technicians too... 

You know what I miss??  Apple Picking.  

USAFamily
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 7:42 AM

The most difficult for me are finding adult friends to hang out with, and navigating the new area. Figuring out what's the 'bad part of town'.

We are a military family-- I'm sure there are a million more I am not thinking of! 

USAFamily
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM

UGH! I forgot that! And I do hate leaving behind my favorite restaurants!

Quoting LOswald0314:

Well we are military and move a lot.  The only things I hate about it is finding a new hair stylist, and dentist office!

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:20 AM
I lived in Sarasota for 10 years before moving to MO. I miss it SO much!

Ill trade you a day of apple picking for a walk on Siesta Key beach! Lol.

Quoting Zanny:

I moved from rural Maine, to Sarasota Florida...  Please keep in mind, I am NOT a Mainer, I just lived there for 8 years.

Everything, is literally the opposite here..  I'm not complaining, I LOVE it here in Florida!  The weather, the people, having everything I need within a 15 minute drive..

I have to agree with the Hairdressers, the Pizza, the Ice Cream... I have found all of those, but it took time... Nail Technicians too... 

You know what I miss??  Apple Picking.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)