Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Stressed!!!

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM
  • 4 Replies
So my substitute job for a after school program has been coming in handy bc they have more kids than staff so they do need me every day now! My dh and I live with my parents but got approved for a apt and can move in November 1st! As thrilled as I am, we must have my income to do it! However this job is screwing around and not giving me the part time job title! My deposit is due Oct 1st to hold this apartment and I am so nervous! They say they need me every day and I have worked for a month straight now! But they had a board meeting and didn't bring this up! This district is very slow with the process! I want to move but I feel I need this title first! I'm just not comfortable bc without the title my job security is not secured! I have applied for a few nanny jobs that work around this schedule. My dh works nights so for me to be gone a couple hours in the morning while he is with our dd isn't a big deal, but I still feel crappy leaving my dd to watch someone elses kid! Also I have tried to create a in home day care starting in November but no takers yet! And noone wants me to bring my dd when I watch their kids! I am so beyond stressed! I don't know if I speak up at work or what!? Also, there are a few prospects so I hope I hear something. I need to work Mon-Fri bc since my dh is on nights we only get weekends together! Please pray for us bc something needs to happen by Oct 1st and there's not much time left! What do u guys think? Should I go ahead and move out and keep looking? It is a risk!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
loves2dream
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Don't stress hun things will eventually work out for you. Don't lose faith.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Thanks! I just talked to my main boss and she said I am needed every day. She has been pushing the director but dealing with the board is a slow process. She will try to get it done by October. She said unless like 12 kids dropped out which is very unlikely since we are still adding kids, I am needed every day. And when the board approves me it is a higher pay rate. So I guess we will stick with it and take a risk! Looks like we plan to move November 1st! Hope everything works out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Good luck!! Things will work out one way or another. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I know someone who is a nanny for other people's kids but she does it in her home so she can be with her kids too. Maybe offer different hours for day care. I think alot of providers are M-F, maybe offer weekends. Alot of parents work weekends. Plus depending on their job, weekends is where the money is. I would be nervous to move out without a set income.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN