Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help *party invites*? (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so Braden and Sara turn 4 next month. We are doing a bowling party. We are inviting 20 kids. I need at least 1 parent to stay for each child. Only the kids are covered for food and its all they can eat and drink. The parents can pay $5.50 to eat also. I am not paying for the parents, it would cost too much money, but the bowling alleys rules for parties for kids under 7 have to have a parent there. How do I write that in the invitation about the parent staying and paying for their own food and no siblings (unless they pay for them)? This is the 1st real party outside of the house with other kids etc. that I have thrown for little ones.

by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Replies (11-13):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Try to remember that just because you invited everyone in class doesn't mean they will all show up. It's not as bad as you think.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM

BUMP!

2and2onway
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Quoting USAFamily:

Our schools have that rule too, so I don't hand out invites at school. I will do it after, when picking up my kid or give the parents a phone call.

But good luck on what ever you do!

Quoting 2and2onway:

Quoting USAFamily:

Honestly, we throw parties at places where parents attend as well and we always provide food for everyone. In my opinion, as the hostess, that is my responsibility. Possibly adjust your guest list to accommodate a number of guests you can afford?

I cannot do that, I have to invite all the kids in the class or none. my kids have never been around other kids until now. I cannot afford to feed the parents, siblings etc as well.

Its Headstart. I do not know any of the parents or kids names. Its on church property and we cannot do it on the property separately. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)