Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did you watch the Presidential address?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

What do you think?

I think this is part of it:

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I only watched what you posted. I like Obama and I like what he's saying. But then again in my family everyone has a full time job and is making more than ever before so we aren't 1 of those people or families struggling.

LyTe684
by Member on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM
No, I didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I missed it

USAFamily
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I liked the speech and thought it was a very good, BUT, I do not like that he is proposing a bill that we have no money for. He made a big point of saying we 'will' be able to pay for this...but the money isnt there yet. Isn't that how we got into the predicament our country is in? Spending money we don't have....

Valo446
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM

As some one that is dirt poor all I heard was, "Blah blah blah, I'm going to screw you over again, Blah blah blah"

USAFamily
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Really?! I thought his ideas were great -giving tax breaks to employers who hire people who have been out of work, taxing the rich, and the urgency at how he presented it to congress stating now or never. Basically quit worrying about saving your behind, and do something NOW. Plus, he has actually submitted the bill, so now they have to look at it and vote yes or no and come up with some results.

Quoting Valo446:

As some one that is dirt poor all I heard was, "Blah blah blah, I'm going to screw you over again, Blah blah blah"

Valo446
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM

He has said good stuff before and it all came crashing down. The whole time he has been in office he has been on vacation. How does he know what is wrong when he is on vacation? If things get bettet than great, good for him. But I'm not holding my breath about it.

Quoting USAFamily:

Really?! I thought his ideas were great -giving tax breaks to employers who hire people who have been out of work, taxing the rich, and the urgency at how he presented it to congress stating now or never. Basically quit worrying about saving your behind, and do something NOW. Plus, he has actually submitted the bill, so now they have to look at it and vote yes or no and come up with some results.

Quoting Valo446:

USAFamily
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I mean, I'm not all gun-hoe on Obama, but I don't think he's been on vacation his whole presidency. He took his Labor Day time off, andI think he went to Hawaii on Mother's Day (or around that time) but cancelled his other 'vacations' to keep congress in session during our gov't almost shutting down (because Congress couldn't pass a balanced budget.)

I think a lot of frustration is misguided. I'm not saying Obama has no ownership in our current issues, but Congress is a HUGE part of the problem.

Quoting Valo446:

He has said good stuff before and it all came crashing down. The whole time he has been in office he has been on vacation. How does he know what is wrong when he is on vacation? If things get bettet than great, good for him. But I'm not holding my breath about it.

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting Valo446:

Valo446
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I think they all are a bunch of nuts jobs just looking out for themselves

Quoting USAFamily:

I mean, I'm not all gun-hoe on Obama, but I don't think he's been on vacation his whole presidency. He took his Labor Day time off, andI think he went to Hawaii on Mother's Day (or around that time) but cancelled his other 'vacations' to keep congress in session during our gov't almost shutting down (because Congress couldn't pass a balanced budget.)

I think a lot of frustration is misguided. I'm not saying Obama has no ownership in our current issues, but Congress is a HUGE part of the problem.

Quoting Valo446:

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting Valo446:

armywife1229
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Nope. We try to avoid political things when we're with family, since we have such differing opinions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN