Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Gah, people are stoopid!!! (really stupid vent lol)

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

My sister (super sweet, non confrontational) sent a bulk fb message out yesterday with one of those breast cancer awareness status update thingy-ma-jiggers.

Anyway, someone responded with

please leave me out of the games.. i do my own way of supporting cancer period.. all i ask is that u all keep me out of the games please... thank u and have a nice day..

Then another person responds with:

Dnt kno what you are tlking about

Really? Is it necessary?? Can't you be adult enough and just, I don't know, IGNORE it. I don't participate either, but I'm not going to bitch about it. And to the last chick, I don't know what you're talking about because you aren't using words...

Ok, vent over. Really, it's better I said it here than there. lol

by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Yep I love the mass mailings so if someone replies I'm stuck in the conversation.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I have so much stuff blocked on my fb that I only see a few updates a day lol. I hate fb.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Ugh... it just got under my skin. And some people are just rude to my sister, because she will let them be that way. I hate that....

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I  hate being included in stuff like that.....

LindaClement
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I can see their point (and yours)...

When you have a huge number of FB contacts, it's... tedious... to read identical political/social/activist or religious 'updates'. And the 'games' are funny once. I don't check into FB to read anonymous 'awareness' posts, but to keep up with my friends and family --their real lives. When you get to 15 on the same page... it starts looking like a twitter feed (yawn.)

But, yes... it would be more discreet to reply personally ... especially if you don't want to look like a dick to a lot of strangers...

Andeigh
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM

They have an option for you to leave the conversation now, so you don't have to keep getting them, that breast cancer message was pretty annoying.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Exactly!!! I don't mind the messages because I have the incredible ability to IGNORE stuff lol. I just don't think it's necessary to say anything at all,especially when the person who posted it did it with a kind heart, kwim?

Quoting Andeigh:

They have an option for you to leave the conversation now, so you don't have to keep getting them, that breast cancer message was pretty annoying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN