Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is divorce ok?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:55 AM
  • 15 Replies

What are valid grounds for divorcein your opinion? What would be enough for you to call it quits? (whether you are married, single, or thinking about it -or been there done that!)

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 8:35 AM
^^^im with her. If s/he has cheated, you reconciled and they do it again then there is no 'let's try again'. Also if a hand is raised in anger I'm out the door.

My parents were married for close to 21 years when they divorced. My mom cheated once, my dad supposedly cheated too. It was then that I found out my dad had never intended on marrying my mom until she became pregnant with me. Even then he refused to leave bc he didn't want to leave me or some crap like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM
If you cheat or break trust too many times your butt should be out the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM

According to my Mom..and I quote her only bc I honestly havent thought about divorce myself (only been married 8 mths) the 3 A's are the ONLY reason for divorce

Abuse, Adultery or Alcoholism

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM
My ex husband abused our son and myself. That was enough for me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynzee.Limon
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM

well, if you're just not happy with the person I guess. I mean, I totally understand the whole "keeping it together for the kids" but is that really fair to them? or you? in my opinion, a kid these days would be 200% more understanding and appreciative of 2 happy homes then having to deal with 1 unhappy home..  if you're just not in love with the person the way you use to be, don't kid yourself or your Significant other, cuz you can't pretend forever :[

sent4u5041
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Physical and emotional abuse to me or I my child, drugs, cheating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

cheating, physical abuse, drug use

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I agree

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

According to my Mom..and I quote her only bc I honestly havent thought about divorce myself (only been married 8 mths) the 3 A's are the ONLY reason for divorce

USAFamily
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM

That's what I say!! The 3 A's :)

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Andeigh
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I'll agree with 2 of the A's.. I see alcoholism as a disease and for "sickness and health"  I guess I would do my best to try to  help them, but if they aren't willing to sober up I might be done, depends on how bad the problem is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)