Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are valid grounds for divorcein your opinion? What would be enough for you to call it quits? (whether you are married, single, or thinking about it -or been there done that!)

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Replies (11-15):
Vanilla_rayne
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Quoting Lynzee.Limon:

well, if you're just not happy with the person I guess. I mean, I totally understand the whole "keeping it together for the kids" but is that really fair to them? or you? in my opinion, a kid these days would be 200% more understanding and appreciative of 2 happy homes then having to deal with 1 unhappy home..  if you're just not in love with the person the way you use to be, don't kid yourself or your Significant other, cuz you can't pretend forever :[

This is the reason I did get divorced. My Ex husband and I make an awesome Mom and Dad team but we are not a good Husband Wife match!
We got married because we were young and everyone was pressuring us to "do the right thing" because I was pregnant.
I vowed to NEVER do that again. Who freaking cares what your family thinks as long as you are happy!!
we tried to keep it together for our son but it was just too much fighting, and like you said 2 happy houses are better than 1 miserable one =)

buella
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Cheating...

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

According to my Mom..and I quote her only bc I honestly havent thought about divorce myself (only been married 8 mths) the 3 A's are the ONLY reason for divorce

Abuse, Adultery or Alcoholism

This is about where I stand on it.

jballentine
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I have been married twice and i am working on my second divorce both of my husbands thought they could hit me and cheat on me. It took me a minute but that is a deal breaker for me. 

LindaClement
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I'm in two minds about it.

The first is that I believe people need to be free. Not free of marriage, just free to make their own choices. I think when they're really free (when they feel free), they make better, less reactionary decisions.

The second is that I believe any relationship can work. 'Can' being different than 'should'... but people are pretty bad at really listening to other people, and they're really good at hoping, attempting telepathy, and getting pissed off when the people around them can't hear their thoughts or divine their preferences... and then they get all bleak about what it 'means'...

I think 'whatever reason you think matters to you' is good enough. Or should be good enough, in any legal sense. I object to the government making decisions for adults, specifically about what kind of contracts they choose to enter into --as long as they qualify the same way as every other valid legal contract.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)