Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

There's a slight chill in the air.... Autumn is lurking around the corner

Posted by   + Show Post

There's a slight nip in the air this morning and I love it! 

What does autumn mean to you?  What are your favorite fall activities?

Autumn Addiction

To me autumn means the smell of our neighbors burning their leaves, DH getting the lawn mower ready for it's winter vacation and our first pot of chili, for the season, simmering on the stove.

How about you?

falling_leaves

by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 7:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
USAFamily
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 2:14 PM

THIS is fall to me!!

We don't get Fall in Texas though... it's going to be 100 degrees today. i can't wait to move!

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Hot pumpkin spice lattes, our annual trip to the pumpkin patch, leaves changing color, making chili and apple crisp, burning fall candle scents, football, sweatshirts and the last few backyard fires before the pit goes into the garage.

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I cant wait for it to be cooler.We dont have the leaves changing here so its not the same as when I grew up in MN.I loved all the colors,the cool air and the sound of the fireplace crackling.I miss it so much.Fl just doesnt have the beautiful seasons smells and colors as up north.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I wish there was a chill in the air here...lol. 75 in the morning isn't quite cutting it.

I love fall though.

Andeigh
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Trick or treat! And beef stew and chili, football and Thanksgiving.

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I love Thanksgiving.I love making a huge meal and having my family around.I love the smells and the whole atmosphere.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM

It means more walks and park days with the kids.  It means the pumpkin patch, and apple cider.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Love it!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Charlie Brown specials

Amadako
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM

The smell of leaves burning, picking apples , then pumpkins both in our yard :) playing in mountains of leaves with the babies... fun times. I love fall.

kjbennett26
by Kateā™„ on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I love fall because its not hot and not freezing cold!  I love the leaves changing colors and the crispness in the air. 

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM
That's why I don't ever want to move...I love WI!

Quoting USAFamily:

THIS is fall to me!!

We don't get Fall in Texas though... it's going to be 100 degrees today. i can't wait to move!

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Hot pumpkin spice lattes, our annual trip to the pumpkin patch, leaves changing color, making chili and apple crisp, burning fall candle scents, football, sweatshirts and the last few backyard fires before the pit goes into the garage.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)