Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Um...yeah...wow...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

Don't get me wrong...it's one of my all time favorite movies but come on...really? 

http://www.toofab.com/2011/09/07/toddlers-and-tiaras-costume-hooker-julia-roberts-pretty-woman-video/

Michele, loving wife to Justin
 Aubrey 12/22/02
Gracey 1/7/08
 Oliver 6/28/11

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ludvik_Smith
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Saw this in another group. I don't watch that show but I see the previews all the time.

To put it nicely, I don't agree with any of it at all!

abmaddox1981
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:40 AM
I have no problem with pageant moms who keep everything in perspective, but the pp? They show on there make me feel violent. You should NEVER sexualize or sensualize a child, especially for a "prize". Isn't that one short step from pimping your child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
by Maranda on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Quoting Ludvik_Smith:

Saw this in another group. I don't watch that show but I see the previews all the time.

To put it nicely, I don't agree with any of it at all!

Yep...my thoughts too.

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM

I think these mothers are insane.They dress their little girls up like they are so much older.I think its horrible.Most of the girls cry and dont even like it.I think its totally ridiculous.

monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I agree.  Give the kids a kid's life.  Don't push them to grow up too fast and dress them all up.  They're NOT living dolls.  Go get a Cabbage Patch or Barbie or something if you want to dress someone up.

Things like Little Miss pageants and things at fairs and things I think are okay.  They're cute, it's not too in-depth like all the wigs and elaborate outfits and false teeth and on and on (even the Botox mom....wow!). 

Ya, I've seen a lot of the girls crying too and just don't want to do it.  If your child really enjoys it and it's fun, not "I'm trying to be all grown up" sort of thing, then sure, let them do it, I guess, but don't push them to make yourself as the parent happy.

That outfit from Pretty Woman is atrocious and I'm appalled someone would dress their little girl like a hooker.

Okay, off my soapbox.  JMO, but I'm sure there's things about it that I don't know about, of course.

Quoting momofsixangels:

I think these mothers are insane.They dress their little girls up like they are so much older.I think its horrible.Most of the girls cry and dont even like it.I think its totally ridiculous.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I don't watch the show, but I saw the pics. Who in the world would think it's EVER ok to dress your kid like a hooker?? What a whack job.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:29 AM

sad

Denise811
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I agree! It's digusting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)