Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby fever but.. (long)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM
  • 10 Replies

Even right after I gave birth to my twin daughters almost 3 years ago, I knew I wasn't done having children. Although it was a big life change for me to be so young and let's be honest child birth "traumatized me" , I just knew it. I delivered both daughters naturally  had a long labour (24h) then my uterus wouldn't contract, therefore I was bleeding a lot. They then had to inject me some type of medication to put me to sleep, to contract my uterus. I had to have 3 blood transfusions afterwards, and my daughters were released from the hospital before I was... Then I was home alone, inexperienced and terrified! Thank goodness my mother was there to help me out and show me the ropes! Afterwards I suffered from postpartum depression, and was taken care of, and am now good..

So anyways, I knew I wanted more someday but DH wanted to wait , a long while... But last night HE brought up the subject, that he was ready to have an other one.. As thrilled as I am, I can't help but also be terrified. I know every pregnancy/delivery is different, but I'm still scared! I was super healthy for my pregnancy with my girls, I actually never felt better, and I'm worried that this time around I might be really sick (I've seen my cousin be sick for all 3 of her pregnancy, and oh my, poor thing!), plus I have already 2 little balls of energy to keep up with ! or have to have a c-section, but mostly I am scared of the "after baby" part... Because I suffered from postpartum depression, does it make me more prone to suffer from it again ? 

Although I had a great doctor who took care of me, I am still scared to go through that again. I have had the baby itch for a while now, and it seems like everybody around me is pregnant, and that makes me itch even more, I miss having a little tiny precious little thing to hold and care for! 

If any of you have answers for me that would be great , I'd like to hear your opinions :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amadako
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM
bump
abmaddox1981
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM
I had serious complications with my second pregnancy, and after. 2yrs we decided to have baby 3,who is now 3weeks old. I was terrified at first, but it was fine. Seriously, this is a decision you and your husband have to make together. Tell him your concerns, then make an appt with your ob and have a long conversation with her/him about both of your questions and concerns.
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM
I had a really difficult/scary end of pregnancy and birth with my dd. And dealt with ppd after also. We have talked about another down the line also. But, the idea of having to go through what I went through again scares me enough to not want another. I guess time will only tell. But, I have no real advice. I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amadako
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM

bump

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Those little precious things grow up.. lol

Good Luck. I have 1 and I'm done. 

jltplk25
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Just remember that it's all over in a flash. My first pregnancy I had gestational diabetes and was miserable. My second pregnancy I lost but my third was fairly easy. I suffered ppd both times but I took medicine until I was better. Both deliveries had their own complications- Landon had meconium staining and Lexi had her cord wrapped around her neck and leg. While both could have been disasters, I'd get pregnant again in a heartbeat if I thought I could handle three kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buella
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Good luck Mama! I think that even thru all the traumatizing events if you look in those precious faces they are SOO worth it <3

xavierlogan09
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I had a horrible pregnancy and a scary birth. I decided when I was pregnant I didn't want more children. There is help and medicine for ppd. If you want more children then have more children. It's always scary being pregnant and a mom. Even if you already have children. 

jltplk25
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM
How are you doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grace0409
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 3:19 PM
I had a similiar complication with my first I lost alot of blood and my placenta was just in pieces... With my daughter (my 2nd) everythng went amazingly... I didnt have any complications but I had been scared I would... I had Postpardum depression with my first but not my second I think bc I knew what being the mother of a newborn would entail... Mind you my 2 kids are literally 18 months apart... I am now on my third and I dont feel depressed.or nervous at all... A little anxious to meet our baby but other than that I feel great... I wouldnt let your fear keep u from wanting something tht it sounds like you really want...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)