Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Missoni? Did you get any?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM
  • 10 Replies

If you haven't heard all the hubbub yet, here is a quick CNN story. What do you all think? Are you trying to get your hands on some of this stuff?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Just one day after the launch of the Missoni for Target collection brought the retailer's web site to its knees, a secondary market for the items -- many of which sold out in a matter of hours -- has already sprung up on eBay and Craigslist.

But shoppers eager to nab items from the limited edition of home goods, apparel and accessories better be prepared to pay a premium: The same Missoni for Target offerings on these sites are being sold for up to five times the original retail price.  

A Missoni for Target throw in a classic colorful zigzag pattern that retailed for $39.99 is now being offered on eBay for close to $200 and one of the most hyped offerings, a three-speed bike (also with the trademark Missoni pattern), is being sold for $1,500 on Craigslist -- four times more than the original retail price.

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I couldn't see what all the fuss was about - doesn't appeal to me - would never buy it.

jltplk25
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM
I don't even know who mossini is. I also think if people are stupid enough to buy a piece for $200 that was originally $39, they deserve to be ripped off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:18 AM
I don't know who that is either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Never heard of them.  I never saw the need to have name brand items anyway.  As long as something is good quality, what's the name matter?

LivinDeadGurl
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Nope. Didn't care at all about it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM

never heard of it.

xavierlogan09
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I saw an article about this on The Stir. I wouldn't buy any of that clothing line. I think they are very outdated.

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:58 PM

a picture might help

tristansmom74
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Thats just weird.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Lol, well I'm one of the jerks who bougth some of it and am trying to resell! lol

I don't think it's very attractive at all--except for the bag I have. I loooove it.

Here are a couple pics of the stuff:

NWT Missoni for Target Black Chevron Zig Zag Sweater Dress Size S

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN