Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being selfish? Update #2!

Posted by   + Show Post

Am I being selfish for wanting to quit my job and become a SAHM? I've always wanted to be at home with my kids and now I am really starting to hate work. Since both my DH and I work we have to pay for child care for 4 out of 5 kids. Most of my paycheck goes to that but we still have extra money. Would it be selfish to taking away that extra money so I can be home with my youngest on the days he doesn't have school and to be there before and after school for the kids? If I do quit my job money will be tight but I'm sure we will be able to pay the bills and buy the things our kids need. We just won't have the extra money to do anything else. What would you do? Am I being selfish?

Update-

So I talked to my DH about wanting to quit my job so I can stay home for the kids. He understands why I want to be home with the kids and agrees it would be best for them. He is a little worried about the money situation. Right now we can pay the bills, buy food and barely pay for the kids' sports, but he is worried about the what ifs (car breaks down ect). We compromised and decided to talk to my boss to see if I can work from home. That way I can still be there for the kids and we will still have that extra money. So hopefully my boss will be ok with it, she has left a coworker work from home this summer so she could be with her kids, so I don't think there will be a problem. If I'm not able to, we will have to talk it over again.

Update #2-

I talked to my boss this morning and starting monday I will be working from home! I'm so glad this all worked out! Thanks for your input and support!

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Replies (11-17):
LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:03 AM

No its not selfish....good luck, hope it all works out for you :)

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I do not think you are selfish! I am working 12-15 hrs a week and barely making it with one child, but I do not want to leave my 4 month old any more than I already have to! We are moving next month so I am going to see about maybe watching a few kids from home too for extra dough so I can still be with my daughter! Good luck with your situation and I hope it works out for you! : )

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Did you get to talk to your boss yet?

MommyWeston
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM

bump for 2nd update!

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 16, 2011 at 7:39 PM

clapping

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM

aww that is great!! I am so glad it all worked out for you and your family. I hope you love being a WAHM :)

Amadako
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Yay! Im glad it all worked out for you !! Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)