Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna go to Disney World

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

Dh and I have been talking for YEARS about going to Disney. I have always wanted to go, and now we have 2 little girls who are princess obsessed (they are 3.5 and almost 6).

But everytime we think about 'planning' it, we get cold feet because of the cost. We can afford it, but it would require a lot of cutting back. Really, I do not get cold feet, but Dh does.

So ladies, convince me it's worth it. That this is the perfect age for our kids and if you have pictures, give me all you've got!

Oh, and I should mention we are moving out of the country in January... so we will not have another opportunity to go until my kids are 8 and 5 :(

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mojitomommy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM
I wanna go too .. But when we plan on it something big comes up and we have to use the money for somethi g else ...
Maybe when is disability kicks in I can save up and make it work zz but we will have to wait til Finn gets a little older .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andeigh
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I went with the school my Sr year, we had so much fun! GO GIRL! 

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Things to make your trip more enjoyable (assuming you mean a few days): Stay at one of their many resorts, they have them in many price ranges so it's not as bad as you think. Purchase the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan this will cover breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as 2 snacks per day for each person. This way all you have to worry about is leaving a tip. Depending on where you want to eat in park, making reservations a few months in advance is advised. You can make your reservations for the trip up to a year in advance and make payments on it as long as it is paid for by the time you go. If you don't get the dining plan dinner at a sit down restaurant can easily cost $200. Get the park hopper tickets so if you decide Magic Kingdom isn't your thing you can go to Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and what not the same day instead of being stuck at a park not having a good time. If you don't take a stroller plan on renting one because that is a lot of walking for a 3.5 and 6 year old.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Here's a BUMP

Idk.. I went to Disney World when I was 14 and it was ok. But I loved Sea World. My dd is 9 and we haven't gone and have no plans to even consider going.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:08 PM

We live around Sea World and our girls love it -but we've been A LOT! I would love to take the girls before we move!

Quoting goddess99:

Here's a BUMP

Idk.. I went to Disney World when I was 14 and it was ok. But I loved Sea World. My dd is 9 and we haven't gone and have no plans to even consider going.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I wouldn't go with kids as young as yours... especially not Disney World. It's built on an 'adult legs' scale, and can not only be totally overwhelming to little kids, but exhausting. There is just so much travel time between rides/locations.

Disneyland is far more compact, with everything closer together.

I'd leave it at least until you get back.

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:30 PM
I lived in FL for 10 years and never got a chance to go to Disney. I think it would be a blast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)