Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Verizon vindication and maybe looking for advice

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm new here. Hi!  *waves*

I have had my own verizon account for a few years.  When I married my husband he had a company phone and didn't need his own phone. But several months ago he changed jobs and had to get his own phone. So I switched to a family plan and got him a phone.My phone is 2 1/2 years old. On the end of its rope. His phone is about 3 months old.  It had issues and got replaced twice under warranty.  He walks into the verizon store to have his contacts transfered over and the dumbass sales rep tells him that he's eligible to upgrade to a new fancy smancy phone if he wants too.  We just have to call your wife and get her permission since you aren't authorized on the account.   I learn all this when my excited husband calls to tell me that the guy told him he could have this cool new phone for $50 if I would just authorize it.  Problem is - its MY upgrade.  I try to talk him out of it but he's like  a little kid who's been promised a new toy.

I called today and talked to the manager and told him what the dumbass did - and he's in trouble!  I feel better but still need a phone.  Anybody have cell phone experience that would give me a leg to stand on.    Their solution is to have hubs give the phone back , but...yeah, thats not gonna happen.

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
tristansmom74
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Yeah,  I figured thats why men always have jobs that make more money then women. Cause they can be ruthless assholes when it comes to business where woman usually care more about right and wrong then money.

Quoting jltplk25:

Bummer! Kind of funny in a not so cool way that the lady got why it was wrong but nit the man. I'm sorry you couldn't get it fixed. :(

Quoting tristansmom74:

No. The assistant manager was a girl and she totally got  it.  The manager was a male and while he was trying to be kind he said  "thats just business, thats how we make money".

Soooo... I don't know what to do.  Get a used phone or something.

Quting jltplk25:

Did you ever get it figured out?

Aries46845
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 8:06 AM

ugh, that stinks. I can't believe that they gave him your upgrade, especially since it's your contract. I have not been in that situation and not able to offer any helpful advice, good luck!

Scarling.
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Hi I'm new here as well. :-) only thing I can say is if I were in your shoes, I would not have given authorization for him to get the upgrade. Since you did, I guess he should now buy you a new phone for taking your upgrade. Or you can always look into craigslist for phones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM

These cell phone companies are just getting worse and worse all the time.  I'd call the highest possible person you could talk to at Verizon....not at the store.....and raise a fit.  Seems like the world is just he**bent on money and nothing else.  Stinks.  I'm sorry you're dealing with this now.  Wish I had the answer for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN