Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THAT'S MY CEREAL!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:36 AM
  • 15 Replies
OK IM I WRONG FOR HAVING A FAVORITED CEREAL, I MEAN I GET YOU AND THE KIDS WHATEVER YALL LIKE, WHY EAT MY CEREAL?
THE HUBBY I GET YOU YOUR FROSTED FLAKES OR HONEY NUT CHEERIOS
AND PRINCESS I GET YOU YOUR TRIX OR LUCKY CHARMS

BUT LEAVE MY CEREAL ALONE..... THATS MY VANILLA ALMOND SPECIAL K, OR MY MULTI GRAIN CHEERIOS, OR MY HONEY NUT CHEX

SINCE WHEN YALL LIKED HEALTHY CEREAL!!!!!!

I THINK IM GONNA HAVE TO HIDE MINES...... LOL SO SAD!
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amadako
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Same in my house mama! I constantly repeat "Who emptied my Special K's ?!" 

Like 423874098 boxes of sugary cereals isn't enough, they have to eat mine too !! :P

kjbennett26
by Kate♥ on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:48 AM

lol... I hate when they do that

Miss-B
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Quoting kjbennett26:

lol... I hate when they do that

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I have that problem too. I even tried getting Fiber One cereal to get them to stay out of it. I go to get a bowl of cereal to find I'm out, Ask "Which one of you ate all my cereal?" There is silence until my 8 year old starts to giggle, followed by a bad case of the "giggle farts". Laughing her butt off, farting all the way and trying to say "Sorry Mama"

NaturalBrown
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I have that problem too. I even tried getting Fiber One cereal to get them to stay out of it. I go to get a bowl of cereal to find I'm out, Ask "Which one of you ate all my cereal?" There is silence until my 8 year old starts to giggle, followed by a bad case of the "giggle farts". Laughing her butt off, farting all the way and trying to say "Sorry Mama"

lol..... that is to cute..... so I guess grape nuts is out of the question

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Eh, I buy alot of cereal, and we all like the same, so its not a big deal to me

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Yep she takes the Grape Nuts too.

Quoting NaturalBrown:

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

lol..... that is to cute..... so I guess grape nuts is out of the question

LindaClement
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Buy lots. 

If everyone likes it, why are you the only one allowed to eat it?

Dh grew up in a home that was his mother's --not his-- in which he was not allowed to leave his things in the living room, keep the things that were his that he wanted (he routinely came home to a great whack of his stuff missing), and where the food wasn't for the people who lived there, it was for his mother, for his step-father and if they didn't happen to like it much or there was enough so he didn't finish it off (which apparently is a heinous crime), for him.

He learned very early on that he, as a living human being, was nothing more than an afterthought and an inconvenience... and the ranked food was a big part of that.

Before he was 10, he had taken up staying for dinner at a large selection of friends' homes, primarily just to avoid being home. Then he joined the navy (they live in Central Canada, where there is no navy). Shocking? I think not.

Not that I think you're doing that at your house... just that I felt compelled to share dh's story. 

Really: buy lots.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Perhaps because those sugary cereals are not very tasty, or very filling?

My kids hated them, and they were absolutely 'forbidden fruit' here, because their nasty mommy would never buy them. They tried them at friends' houses and found out why I wouldn't buy them, and were quite happy with that.

Quoting Amadako:

Same in my house mama! I constantly repeat "Who emptied my Special K's ?!" 

Like 423874098 boxes of sugary cereals isn't enough, they have to eat mine too !! :P

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I thought part of the fun in buying healthy cereal was letting them think it was forbidden fruit. If I bought it "for" them, they wouldn't want it.

Quoting LindaClement:

Buy lots. 

If everyone likes it, why are you the only one allowed to eat it?

Dh grew up in a home that was his mother's --not his-- in which he was not allowed to leave his things in the living room, keep the things that were his that he wanted (he routinely came home to a great whack of his stuff missing), and where the food wasn't for the people who lived there, it was for his mother, for his step-father and if they didn't happen to like it much or there was enough so he didn't finish it off (which apparently is a heinous crime), for him.

He learned very early on that he, as a living human being, was nothing more than an afterthought and an inconvenience... and the ranked food was a big part of that.

Before he was 10, he had taken up staying for dinner at a large selection of friends' homes, primarily just to avoid being home. Then he joined the navy (they live in Central Canada, where there is no navy). Shocking? I think not.

Not that I think you're doing that at your house... just that I felt compelled to share dh's story. 

Really: buy lots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)