Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
OK IM I WRONG FOR HAVING A FAVORITED CEREAL, I MEAN I GET YOU AND THE KIDS WHATEVER YALL LIKE, WHY EAT MY CEREAL?
THE HUBBY I GET YOU YOUR FROSTED FLAKES OR HONEY NUT CHEERIOS
AND PRINCESS I GET YOU YOUR TRIX OR LUCKY CHARMS

BUT LEAVE MY CEREAL ALONE..... THATS MY VANILLA ALMOND SPECIAL K, OR MY MULTI GRAIN CHEERIOS, OR MY HONEY NUT CHEX

SINCE WHEN YALL LIKED HEALTHY CEREAL!!!!!!

I THINK IM GONNA HAVE TO HIDE MINES...... LOL SO SAD!
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 9:36 AM
Replies (11-15):
NaturalBrown
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Amadako:

Same in my house mama! I constantly repeat "Who emptied my Special K's ?!" 

Like 423874098 boxes of sugary cereals isn't enough, they have to eat mine too !! :P

LOL...... I KNOW RIGHT..... THEM SPECIAL K'S BE SO GOOD, I GOT MY MOM EATING THEM NOW, WHAT'S SO FUNNY IS WE ALL GO TO THE STORE TOGETHER AND I SAY OK EVERYONE PICK OUT TWO OF YOUR FAVORITE CEREALS THE FAMILY SIZE..... LIKE COME ON NOT THE SPECIAL K'S......LOL,SMH!!!!

NaturalBrown
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I DONT THINK THERE IS NOTHING FORBIDDEN ANYMORE WHEN IT COMES TO THE MEN AND KIDS OF THE HOUSE, THEY EAT ANYTHING...... LOL!!!!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I thought part of the fun in buying healthy cereal was letting them think it was forbidden fruit. If I bought it "for" them, they wouldn't want it.

Quoting LindaClement:

Buy lots. 

If everyone likes it, why are you the only one allowed to eat it?

Dh grew up in a home that was his mother's --not his-- in which he was not allowed to leave his things in the living room, keep the things that were his that he wanted (he routinely came home to a great whack of his stuff missing), and where the food wasn't for the people who lived there, it was for his mother, for his step-father and if they didn't happen to like it much or there was enough so he didn't finish it off (which apparently is a heinous crime), for him.

He learned very early on that he, as a living human being, was nothing more than an afterthought and an inconvenience... and the ranked food was a big part of that.

Before he was 10, he had taken up staying for dinner at a large selection of friends' homes, primarily just to avoid being home. Then he joined the navy (they live in Central Canada, where there is no navy). Shocking? I think not.

Not that I think you're doing that at your house... just that I felt compelled to share dh's story. 

Really: buy lots.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Awesome tactic!!

I often did the same with 'challenging' foods (new, particularly strong flavours) --I made 'enough' for me and dh, and the kids would look at it while I was cooking it and say 'ew, what is that' and my answer was 'it doesn't matter, it's not for you.'

It piqued their curiosity, and as often as not, enticed them to try it.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I thought part of the fun in buying healthy cereal was letting them think it was forbidden fruit. If I bought it "for" them, they wouldn't want it.

Quoting LindaClement:

Buy lots. 

If everyone likes it, why are you the only one allowed to eat it?

Dh grew up in a home that was his mother's --not his-- in which he was not allowed to leave his things in the living room, keep the things that were his that he wanted (he routinely came home to a great whack of his stuff missing), and where the food wasn't for the people who lived there, it was for his mother, for his step-father and if they didn't happen to like it much or there was enough so he didn't finish it off (which apparently is a heinous crime), for him.

He learned very early on that he, as a living human being, was nothing more than an afterthought and an inconvenience... and the ranked food was a big part of that.

Before he was 10, he had taken up staying for dinner at a large selection of friends' homes, primarily just to avoid being home. Then he joined the navy (they live in Central Canada, where there is no navy). Shocking? I think not.

Not that I think you're doing that at your house... just that I felt compelled to share dh's story. 

Really: buy lots.

Pammi86
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Good thing is that my dd is only 4 months and my dh doesn't like hardly anything I do lol!

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

My dh has the same problem. dd eats all his food all the time. he gets so mad, but I think it's kinda funny. hell I'm a mom I'm just happy she's eating!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN