Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Moms who have kids in sports!!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

This is my first year having my kids participate on a team sport (soccer). for one of the teams I volunteered to be 'team mom'. I'm not really sure what all that entails though... if you have experience as a team mom, or with one, can you give me some ideas of what you/they did? Thanks!!

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 19, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I'm interested in the answers too.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Yay! I'm not the only overachieving mom lol. I am quick to volunteer... and have no clue what I'm up to!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Sounds like me when I volunteered to be the box tops lady ;)

Quoting USAFamily:

Yay! I'm not the only overachieving mom lol. I am quick to volunteer... and have no clue what I'm up to!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 19, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Here's a bump

my only 2cents is I have a friend who volunteered to be a soccer coach for her son's team and she knows NOTHING about soccer LOL. The woman looking for the volunteers said it didn't matter... lol

LOswald0314
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:57 AM

When I was a kid, the team mom coordinated who was bringing drinks/snacks, maybe a fun event for the kids to do outside of practice, etc.

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Sep. 20, 2011 at 9:08 AM

As a team mom I organize the snack schedule. I made a sign up sheet, asked parents to bring orange slices for half time and then a drink and snack for the end of the game. I gathered phone numbers and dates they wanted to bring snacks.  I then made copies to hand out so they could keep on their fridge. I also reminded them when it was their turn so that no one forgot.  Team moms often help organize getting the kids trophies or medals for the end of the season.  And organizing an end of the season gathering is sometimes needed. We often just do an ice cream shop where they can purchase their own food and get their trophies. I call the ice cream shop ahead of time to let them know we're coming.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Awesome advice!! Thank you!

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

As a team mom I organize the snack schedule. I made a sign up sheet, asked parents to bring orange slices for half time and then a drink and snack for the end of the game. I gathered phone numbers and dates they wanted to bring snacks.  I then made copies to hand out so they could keep on their fridge. I also reminded them when it was their turn so that no one forgot.  Team moms often help organize getting the kids trophies or medals for the end of the season.  And organizing an end of the season gathering is sometimes needed. We often just do an ice cream shop where they get purchase their own food and get their trophies. I call the ice cream shop ahead of time to let them know we're coming.

buella
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM

My situation is a little different. Im a team mom for my daughter's dance and cheer squads. More or less I play mom to all the kids at any given time. I also help the coaches keep things organized and help with rotations. Good luck..

USAFamily
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 10:03 AM

I think I am falling into this catagorey as well. Our 'coach' is also a volunteer and I think he is maybe 14? So handling 3 year olds is a little out of his league. So I have been stepping in, trying to get the kids organized and keep things positive.

Quoting buella:

My situation is a little different. Im a team mom for my daughter's dance and cheer squads. More or less I play mom to all the kids at any given time. I also help the coaches keep things organized and help with rotations. Good luck..

armywife1229
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I think snacks, and helping make phone calls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)