Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Made me feel bad for choosing that name *EDIT*

Posted by   + Show Post

So there was a post in another group I'm in about children's names and one of them was about how tacky it is to create a new way of spelling your kids name by putting it backwards.

What are your thoughts on the name Nevaeh?

That's my daughters name I didn't give her that name to try and be cute. I had never heard that name before and I liked it. To me it's different.

*EDIT*

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but for some reason it does. Everyone who has met her says her name is beautiful. Like I've said in my replies. I've never heard that name before and I really like it. But as of this year it is the number 1 name for girls =/ I just hope she doesn't grow up to hate her name like I use to (sometimes still do) MarLa. I get called Maria a lot and she some times gets called Nevah or Neviah. So I guess we all can't be happy with our names. I just wish people wouldn't be rude about it.

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 2:08 AM
Replies (31-32):
new_mommie_2b
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM
I like that name. A friend of mines son is name is Jaydon.

Quoting Janet:

What is important is that you like it. Jaden was on the worst baby names list. Did you see it? It was advertised on here mom's! Was your kids names on it? It didn't bother me, I laughed about it. I like it and I'm sure some people do too. You will never please everyone know matter how hard you try.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I figure it's no one's business what you name your child.  Are there some really ridiculous ones out there?  Oooohhhh ya!  My dh ran into a lady with two kids named Lemonjello and Orangejello (Lemon and Orange Jell-O)  I mean, seriously?  Wow!  Naming a child whatever you want does not make you a bad mom.  How you treat your child and raise your child determines if you're a bad or good mom.  Just don't name your kid a bad word for goodness sakes....sheesh...lol!

I found the name Jace and loved it and named my son that, but where I found it, it was pronounced Jay-cee, but we call him Jace like "face".  I had never heard it before, but I've since heard it here and there, but not often.  I think it's a good name that isn't too "childish", ya know, one of those names that fits a child great, but kinda weird for an adult????  KWIM?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN