Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

No more naps?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

My 3 year old just started preschool last week. Since then we've been having a LOT of trouble with naps. They do have nap time at school and he lays quietly and even sleeps sometimes.

He NEEDS naps. He falls apart by 5pm if he doesn't nap. Suggestions?

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Maybe you can find out the nap time routine at school and mimic it at home. Even with a little mat for him to lay on?

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:45 PM
If they nap at preschool, try mimicking it like pp said. Mine quit napping at 3.5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Let him nap at 5.

It's very likely that the timing of the nap at preschool isn't when he needs to sleep.

If you're tired, nap with him at 5. Then you'll have enough energy to make it through the rest of the evening.

There is nothing inherently dangerous to 3yos about being awake at 11pm. It's getting enough sleep in 24 hours, not sleeping according to the clock, that matters.

PEEK05
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I would keep laying him down, no matter how often he gets back up.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 20, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Is the preschool all day? Maybe he could get a nap before he goes or when he gets home. Or maybe just an earlier bed time so he still gets that rest.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 20, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Find out what time they do nap at school and try to do the same! Keeps him on a good schedule! : )

USAFamily
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 3:38 PM

We are in nap limbo. DD doesn't really want them, and she doesn't get overly tired during the day, but she is so much better in the evening if she gets one!

She is 3.5

Sara.Worthey
by Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 4:05 PM
We put my daughter in her room for "quiet playtime" in her room and she plays for a while then falls asleep on her own. Some days she plays and never goes down, but she goes in for an hour at least to relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM
I wish I had advice... My 22 month old won't nap unless I rock him for am hour first, which I can't do with a 3 month old too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andeigh
by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 7:36 PM
My dd is 3.5. She quit napping some time ago. Preschool is a big change though. I'm with LC. Let her nap at 5 for an hour or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN