Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My 3 year old just started preschool last week. Since then we've been having a LOT of trouble with naps. They do have nap time at school and he lays quietly and even sleeps sometimes.

He NEEDS naps. He falls apart by 5pm if he doesn't nap. Suggestions?

by on Sep. 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
armywife1229
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Yes, in this house there is. I am no awake at 11pm. And I do NOT want to start that habit.

Quoting LindaClement:

Let him nap at 5.

It's very likely that the timing of the nap at preschool isn't when he needs to sleep.

If you're tired, nap with him at 5. Then you'll have enough energy to make it through the rest of the evening.

There is nothing inherently dangerous to 3yos about being awake at 11pm. It's getting enough sleep in 24 hours, not sleeping according to the clock, that matters.

armywife1229
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Full day preschool. He goes at 8 and I pick him about 4. He falls apart about 4:45. Not working for me.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM

that's a long day for a 3 year old. I didn't send my dd until she was 4. You could take him out and try again next year.

Quoting armywife1229:

Full day preschool. He goes at 8 and I pick him about 4. He falls apart about 4:45. Not working for me.

armywife1229
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:34 AM

If I pull him, there is no more preschool this year. I'm hoping that he'll adjust. I know he CAN do this, he's just not.

Quoting goddess99:

that's a long day for a 3 year old. I didn't send my dd until she was 4. You could take him out and try again next year.

Quoting armywife1229:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)