Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Cant seem to find

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hey everyone I'm sick and tired of people telling me that Ill never meet someone if I stay in the house. They say I need to go to the grocery store, book store, and even the gym if I want to find a man. Well I've done all of that and no luck what so ever. I'm 24 with a 3yr old daughter and just want to be able to go on a date once a blue moon but its hard for me to meet anyone anywhere. The thing that bugs me the most is when I do get approached the Guy is 20-30 years older than me, and honestly that's not what I'm looking for. So if you guys have any suggestions for me or are going through similar things please feel free to comment. THANX
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:46 AM
I met my husband through mutual friends so I may be of no use. Lol.

I did, however, get approached by a guy in the walmart parking lot when I was 20. His pick up line had something to do with how I got into my car. I thought it was dumb but he was kinda cute so I gave him my number. We went out and as he's driving me home, he used another pick up line, this time from Jerry maguire. Yeah there was no second date. Lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of guy are you looking for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andeigh
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:49 AM

a dating site?  Don't let the fact that you have a child get you discouraged.  I was 22 with a 2 year old when I met DH.  There are some good ones left I'm sure! 

RiYahlyce08
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM
I'm looking for someone ambitious hardworking respectful and caring and my friends really can't help me on this matter they are both virgins who keep to themselves

Quoting jltplk25:

I met my husband through mutual friends so I may be of no use. Lol.

I did, however, get approached by a guy in the walmart parking lot when I was 20. His pick up line had something to do with how I got into my car. I thought it was dumb but he was kinda cute so I gave him my number. We went out and as he's driving me home, he used another pick up line, this time from Jerry maguire. Yeah there was no second date. Lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of guy are you looking for?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I think first, you should open your mind. You NEVER know when you will meet your future husband. I met mine passing him on a side walk at my friends apt. complex.

And also, your friends/family have a point. You do need to get out. I would think the best way to meet a man in your sitiuation would be to go to places that are kid friendly like the Library for story time, parks, play places, church (?)-- where you may find another single dad, or a guy open to someone who already has kids.

Lastly, go somewhere solo and mingle. Girls night out is great, and you may meet an awesome guy!!

Don't make everything about meeting a guy, but make it about you having fun, being confident- and then guys will find that extremely attractive and come to you!! Good luck!

PEEK05
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I met mine in high school, sorry. I hope you get a date soon. :)

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I met my husband online. It was this wap speed date site. He clicked on my name and that was it :) ..

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM
She has a very good point. :)Just let go and have fun. You never know where love may strike. I think cafeRobin met her husband in an elevator!

Quoting USAFamily:

I think first, you should open your mind. You NEVER know when you will meet your future husband. I met mine passing him on a side walk at my friends apt. complex.

And also, your friends/family have a point. You do need to get out. I would think the best way to meet a man in your sitiuation would be to go to places that are kid friendly like the Library for story time, parks, play places, church (?)-- where you may find another single dad, or a guy open to someone who already has kids.

Lastly, go somewhere solo and mingle. Girls night out is great, and you may meet an awesome guy!!

Don't make everything about meeting a guy, but make it about you having fun, being confident- and then guys will find that extremely attractive and come to you!! Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 21, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I met my dh at work.

MissLoveLyfe
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Try online dating??

armywife1229
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Internet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)