Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Boycott Schweddy Balls!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • 25 Replies

Remember  the ice cream I posted about...oh a week or so ago? Well apparently it's extremely offensive:

Parents call for boycott of Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls flavor

Ben & Jerry's

By Vidya Rao

Schweddy Balls ice cream is the latest in frozen threats facing your children, at least according to One Million Moms. The conservative organization, an offshoot of American Family Association, has called for a boycott of the newest Ben & Jerry's flavor because they find it offensive.

"The vulgar new flavor has turned something as innocent as ice cream into something repulsive," the group posted on its website. "Not exactly what you want a child asking for at the supermarket."

The flavor is named after the classic Alec Baldwin sketch on "Saturday Night Live," in which he plays a bakery owner named Pete Schweddy. The most famous line (and the one most often repeated by drunk frat boys) is his end note: "No one can resist my Schweddy Balls."

Clearly there is a double entendre here, but is it really worth protesting vanilla ice cream with rum and fudge-covered malt balls? After all, Trix may be for kids, but rum ice cream is for the rest of us.

Here is the rest of the article

http://bites.today.com/_news/2011/09/21/7876625-parents-call-for-boycott-of-ben-jerrys-schweddy-balls-flavor?fb_ref=.Tnoq0Ep7kJI.like&fb_source=home_oneline

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Perverts.

My response to that was to suggest to Ben & Jerry that they come out with a new flavour called 'Censor Chip' --bland, with vanilla chips... maybe with one of the balls from the other flavour hidden in each container.

freshmom88
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:17 PM
I agree. It's inappropriate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:21 PM

AWESOME. i will try them at least once. if people are that worried about censorship they need to lock their kids in a bubble and not let them watch tv EVER. there is a ton worse stuff out there in everyday tv. this is for adults. what do they want them to do? only sell it after 8pm? BOGUS.

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I've never liked the name.. it's gross

Ludvik_Smith
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:26 PM

LOL I don't think this is anything to cause a ruckus over. Nobody is forcing you to eat it or even look at it.

The guy can't help that his last name is Schweddy ;D

Ludvik_Smith
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I like this idea :)

Quoting LindaClement:

Perverts.

My response to that was to suggest to Ben & Jerry that they come out with a new flavour called 'Censor Chip' --bland, with vanilla chips... maybe with one of the balls from the other flavour hidden in each container.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Really? It's taken from an SNL skit... I don't see what the big deal is...

Quoting freshmom88:

I agree. It's inappropriate

USAFamily
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I think boycotting the ice cream and greating a huge ruckus is HUGELY overreacting.

Schleetle
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 4:58 PM

LOL I think it's funny.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Gross!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN