Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Boycott Schweddy Balls!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Remember  the ice cream I posted about...oh a week or so ago? Well apparently it's extremely offensive:

Parents call for boycott of Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls flavor

Ben & Jerry's

By Vidya Rao

Schweddy Balls ice cream is the latest in frozen threats facing your children, at least according to One Million Moms. The conservative organization, an offshoot of American Family Association, has called for a boycott of the newest Ben & Jerry's flavor because they find it offensive.

"The vulgar new flavor has turned something as innocent as ice cream into something repulsive," the group posted on its website. "Not exactly what you want a child asking for at the supermarket."

The flavor is named after the classic Alec Baldwin sketch on "Saturday Night Live," in which he plays a bakery owner named Pete Schweddy. The most famous line (and the one most often repeated by drunk frat boys) is his end note: "No one can resist my Schweddy Balls."

Clearly there is a double entendre here, but is it really worth protesting vanilla ice cream with rum and fudge-covered malt balls? After all, Trix may be for kids, but rum ice cream is for the rest of us.

Here is the rest of the article

http://bites.today.com/_news/2011/09/21/7876625-parents-call-for-boycott-of-ben-jerrys-schweddy-balls-flavor?fb_ref=.Tnoq0Ep7kJI.like&fb_source=home_oneline

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Replies (21-25):
monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 21, 2011 at 9:56 PM

I think it's funny, and yes, there are more important things to worry about these days, but seriously, do they need to add one more thing to all the inappropriate things that are already out there?  Sure hope the guy's first name isn't Richard!!!!  LOL!  The forms that you have to fill out or anywhere that your name is listed last name first, then first name....not good.  HEHE!

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Seriously!? With all the things going on in the world people are really that worried about this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Oh geez.  I've been looking all over for this, I want it!

skittles2011
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 7:43 AM

the name is odd ill give them that but nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

poshkat
by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 9:49 AM

you guys like my new avi? ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN