Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My sister in law called yesterday to tell me about a job that had became available. It's a good job but I'm not sure *I* could make it work. I would be a personal care attendant like before only I would be taking care of a 17 year old girl with cerebal palsy. I'd help get her dressed, fix her breakfast, and bathe her. The hours are good, 8 a.m to 1 p.m and the pay is $9/hr.

The only thing is, my husband works as a deputy so his hours aren't the same month to month. He can't just call one day and say "Oh I'm running late." My son attends preschool 3 days a week, 9-11:30 as does my 2.5 year old brother in law, Quincy so my MIL wouldn't be available to pick up my kid. My FIL also works so I doubt he could pick up Landon either. THEN there's the fact that I'd have to get both kids up and get them to my MIL's house then worry about how Landon's going to get to preschool. The only other people I know/trust also work and wouldn't be available. Besides I don't feel it's right to have someone else aside from myself or my husband to haul my kids around. (personal opinion)

Would you take the job anyway, despite these obstacles? I don't feel it's right for me but I do feel bad telling my husband that I can't take the job b/c "I've got the kids to think about." It isn't as if he doesn't have to think about them too...he works for a reason. Lol. With him working and me not, I'm able to take Landon to preschool and pick him up. And no, there's no bus service for this preschool. I honestly want my SIL's job... that little girl was an absolute doll and I had a blast taking care of her.

Click on me to see what it's all about!

by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Replies (21-21):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 22, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Yeah with the travel and cost of gas it's really not worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN