Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

During the day?  What is your typical day like...in a nutshell (during the week)?

For me, I get up at 6am Monday - Friday get all four kids dressed and ready to go to the school.  My oldest (5) is in full day kindergarten, my daughter (4) is in half day pre-kindergarten so my 3 year old and 1 year old have to come with me.  So I head up to the school around 7:35am, my daughter goes to her class around 7:45- 7:50am, I then wait around for 10 more minutes until the bell rings for my son to go to class.  Then load the younger two back into the car, head home...get home around 8:15am.  Unload the girls, get into the house, clean up, vacuum, do the laundry, do the dishes, wipe down counters and whatever else needs to be done around the house.  I go to pick up my daughter at 10:30am...haha.

Come home again around 11:05am, make lunch, etc...put the baby down for a nap...clean up, do homework, play on cafemom for a while, get on facebook, have some down time for a minute.  I leave at 2:30 to get a parking spot to pick up my son at 3:05pm.  

I get home around 3:15pm, help my son with his homework, get dinner started so that it's ready at about 5pm, we have family time from 5:30-6:30, quick baths and bed time at 7pm for the kids.

I should be in bed right now but I decided to give you my day during the week in a nutshell...haha!  So what is your day like during the week?

by on Sep. 22, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GotSomeKids
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:30 AM
  • 7-8 am

wake up, wake up kids, get everyone dressed, make lunch, breakfast and take the kids to school.

830-930

work out

930-1030

either clean up or take shower (depends on what I need to do for the day)

11am-230pm

either a project around the house, run errands or volunteer (or some sort of combination)

230-4pm

pick kids up from school, snack, drive them to sports

4pm-5pm

karate/kickboxing or golf (depends on the day)

5-7pm

make and eat dinner

7-8pm

watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy as a family

8-9

kids get ready for school/bed, I usually am folding clothes while I watch some "adult" TV

9-10

hop in bed and talk with the hubby (or other things.....he....he....he....)

If after 10pm I can't fall asleep, I will usually persuse the internet on my laptop or read until I fall asleep.

toomanypoodles
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 5:05 AM

Not much.

lol

Meltopia529
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 9:02 AM

It kinda depends on the day. I'm a SAHM so we really don't have that huge of a schdeule or anything. My son is only 11 months old so he's not in school either.

We usually wake up around 7. Feed him watch tv and play around. Usually about 8:30 hes down for his first nap. Wakes up about 10ish and he eats breakfast. We run errands or do whatever from 10-2. 2 is his nap time and he'll wake around 4. Then I feed him again, we play some more and about 5:30 his dad comes home. About 7 is bath time and 8 is bed time.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I get up at 7:30, get my 2 kids up and dressed for school, at 8:20, we walk to the bus stop...after I get home, I make my bed and take a shower, sometimes I do laundry, sometimes I dont......day to day changes 

Marinemom03
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM

7AM..I get up

7:30..wake up my crew

8:00..get them all out the door

8:30 -feed and water all my animals,collect the eggs

9.. coffe after cleaning and boxing the eggs

10.. start my day..grocery shopping

cleaning/laundry & errands

1:00 I usually start getting dinner set and ready to cook..then clean up

2..I start feeding and watering the animals again

3:30 get my son from the bus and I get neighbor kids til 5 or 6

6...then dinner and

cleanup

7..homework (my sons)

8 showers

8:30.. lock up the animals for the night(we've been having raccoon problems)then relax til bed

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Get up around 6 am.Take my son to the bus stop at 6:30 am.Then at 7 get the girls up.Bewtween 7-8 they are getting ready for school,eating breakfast.At 8 I take them to school.At 9 I take Danielle to the bus stop.Then I come home,play on the comp,get chores done around the hoouse.Some days I go to see my Mom.At 3 I go pick the girls up from school.At 4:15 I pick Danielle up at the bus stop.Then we work on homework.Get dinner ready and the girls take their baths.

MommyWeston
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 9:34 AM

6 15 am-
Get up, shower and get ready for the day

7 am-
wake up the kids

7 15 am -
Kids eat breakfast, I pack their lunches while they are eating

7 30 am-
DH leaves for work, I take the dog out side

7 45 am-
Kids start getting ready for school

8 25 am-
drop kids off at school, Run errands

9:00 am- 11 30
get home play with youngest DS, maybe go to park, do some cleaning 

11 30-
make lunch

12 00
DS watches tv while I clean up the kicthen and do dishes

1 00
DS has nap, I do some work (i work from home)

3 00
Get DS up,take dog outside,leave to get the kids, Oldest DS is usually home by then

3 15-
kids get out of school, pick them up than help with home work

4 30-
make dinner

5 30
DH gets home, we eat dinner

6 00
Clean up do dishes, take dog outside

6 30
Relax and hang out with the family

7 30
DS3 goes to bed

8 30
DS2 and DD2 goes to bed 

9 00
DD1 goes to bed 

10 00
DS1 goes to bed

11 00
Take dog outside, go to bed

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2011 at 10:15 AM

8am everyone gets up, breakfast

8:45 am dd goes to school and dh goes to work

I really have the whole day to myself so depending on what's going on at dd's school - I might be there for a half hour or all day (PTO President) . I run errands, I do some housework, I'm on CM. Or if I want I go back to bed =)

3:40 pick up dd at school, do homework

5pm dh comes home, we prepare dinner

6pm eat

8pm dd showers

8:30 dd goes to bed

anywhere from 10-midnight dh and I shower and go to bed (sometimes it's much later than midnight)

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM
You are crazy busy!

8 am wake up the kids. Breakfast, get dressed, etc.

8:30 leave to take Cam to school.

9 get home feed Kaitlyn if Sam didn't do school drop off.

12 naptime

Lunch whenever she wakes up.

2-3 wake up Sam. Run errands or whatever we need to do.

350 get cam from school. Get home and do homework.

4:30-5 start dinner and eat.

6 Sam leaves for work and I normally take the kids for a walk for about an hour.

730-8 baths, story. Bed 8-8:30. Pack Cams lunch.

Then of course I have all sorts of random stuff in between during the day. But its pretty flexible with just Kaitlyn at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 23, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I don't have a solid routine aside from getting up at 6:30 making sure we are out the door by 7:45. I do whatever needs done around the house while the girls are in school. At 2:30 I go get in the car rider line to pick them up. Make sure homework gets done when we get home. We have dinner when dh gets home, sometimes it's ready more often it's not. Girls in bed by 8:30. We've been staying up til about 11.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)