Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Fast food restaurant pet peeves. What's yours?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

So true!!

7 Habits of Highly Annoying Fast-Food Patrons

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans
on Sep 22, 2011

fast food line

The other day while waiting in line at my favorite fast-food joint of all time, Chipotle, I started to get really irate. All I wanted was my salad, the same salad I eat way too many times to mention each week. Let's just say I know what I'm doing when I'm ordering there, but clearly not everyone does. And frankly, they're pissing me off. That's when it struck me -- in establishments in which you must wait in line to order food and/or drink, there should be a separate line clearly marked: Annoying, Clueless People, Please Order Here.

I don't mean to sound cranky, but really there are just some common rules people should follow when ordering with a huge line of hungry, thirsty people behind them. And they don't.

I think some of them must have no clue how rude/insensitive/stupid they appear when committing some of these faux pas, either that or they're just big jerks who could care less about inconveniencing others. In the interest of assuming the best about people, I'm going to pretend they just don't know. So I'm here to enlighten the masses; let there be no confusion from this time forward. Here I present to you seven rules to help you from being a highly annoying fast-food patron.

1. You do NOT need to sample every ingredient on the food prep line before you make a decision. It's just lunch; take a risk. Go to Costco or one of those Chinese food places in the mall food court if you want to sample.

2. Give a girl some space. You pressing up against my back so you can move an inch up in line is just making me cringe; it has no effect on how quickly you're going to get to eat.

3. One "extra" here or "light on that" there is fine, but don't micromanage the guy making your sandwich. If your order goes something like this, "seven pickles, three olives, and oh no, that's not what I meant by a smidge," you need to go make your own flippin' sandwich.

4. After waiting in a long line while checking your email and chatting on the phone and it's finally your turn, don't start your order with, "Hmmmm ... I'm not sure." You would have had plenty of time to get sure if you had put down your damn phone.

5. Please wait to start eating your food until you find a table or exit the building. If you're so hungry you need to dig into your burger right there at the counter while your fries are being fetched, you probably should have eaten sooner.

6. Don't write a check. EVER.

7. After you pay with an acceptable form of currency, MOVE. Don't stand there adjusting everything in your purse/wallet, putting your straw in your drink, and anything else you feel the need to do while the rest of us wait.

Now if everyone would just follow these simple rules of courtesy, my salad would taste a whole lot better than with the side of indigestion I usually get when ordering. Thanks.

by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuiltLover
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I have two...First the person writing the article should have started out a little sooner instead of "needing" to be waited on so fast..and Two..I hate the way my food is all thrown together...please make my sandwich and I won't have to "fix it' when I get it before I eat. I rarely eat at a fast food restaurant, in their defense so I may be off the mark here.

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

please place the fries right side up in the bag

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Sep. 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM

LOL!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM

wow you can tell I live in a small town lol I've never had any of these issues

LindaClement
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM

What restaurant accepts cheques?!?

I'd like to remind all the people behind me (and some of the huffing, grunting twits in front of me) that it is 'fast' food, not INSTANT food. 

If you're having an emergency because there is a lot of traffic during the lunch rush, please remember that if YOU weren't there, it would be less. Patience, darlings... it's bad enough you're eating heart failure food, don't compound it with heart attack stress.

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I was serious =P 5 orders of fries upside down in a paper bag and you have to make sure everybody gets the same amount when you dig them out or someone throws a fit.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

LOL!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:03 PM

I was serious too. If you only knew how territorial DH was over his fries!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I was serious =P 5 orders of fries upside down in a paper bag and you have to make sure everybody gets the same amount when you dig them out or someone throws a fit.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

LOL!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:03 PM

LOL

Quoting LindaClement:

What restaurant accepts cheques?!?

I'd like to remind all the people behind me (and some of the huffing, grunting twits in front of me) that it is 'fast' food, not INSTANT food. 

If you're having an emergency because there is a lot of traffic during the lunch rush, please remember that if YOU weren't there, it would be less. Patience, darlings... it's bad enough you're eating heart failure food, don't compound it with heart attack stress.

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:09 PM

My 5 year old is too. If you steal a bite of her food she expects you to spit it out and give it back. LMAO

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

LOL!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Sep. 23, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Yes, but my DH is 49!!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

My 5 year old is too. If you steal a bite of her food she expects you to spit it out and give it back. LMAO

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

LOL!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN