Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Extravagent Weddings?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM
  • 12 Replies

I love to see those shows on TV that have crazy amazing weddings and all, but when the price tag comes around I'm always pretty shocked!

Did you have an 'extravagent' wedding? What was the price tag? If you could do it again, would you do it differently?

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Nope, we had a VERY small wedding, less than 30 people! And I wouldnt change it for the world! We got married at a small chapel, that was also a bed and breakfast, then went to a nearby authentic Italian (just bc we liked the food lol) after, it was all over by 8pm, hubby and I stayed at the bed and breakfast for our "honeymoon"

We just didnt see the point in spending all that money on a big wedding! I think total, our wedding was around 5k, and I think thats way high

USAFamily
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Mine was very modest. I got married in my Grandmothers back lawn, and the reception was held at the same place. I had about 45 guests and Dh and I left a couple days after and shacked up in a hotel lol.

All in all, my wedding cost around 1,500.

MissLoveLyfe
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 11:10 AM
I'm not married yet, but when we do get married, I want something small and intimate. Just family and close friends.. Nothing too fancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 24, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Mine was nice and simple! Cost about 7 grand total I would say! : )

goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 24, 2011 at 12:28 PM

We pretty much eloped but our wedding was gorgeous and was actually featured in a local paper. the price tag, no idea maybe $1000 or so. However we do plan to renew our vows in Venice so that will be a hefty price tag.

Vix920
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 7:51 PM

My wedding was pretty extravagant. Nothing compared to what you see on TV but we had a big wedding, about 250 guests. The place we got married at was beautiful and worth more than what we paid, IMO. But all in all we spent close to $30K.

Miss-B
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Planning now, and its going to be beautiful. We don't want to spend more than $5000.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 24, 2011 at 8:06 PM

We eloped and I like it that way.

Italladyof3
by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 8:19 PM

My 1st marriage was a lonoongggtime ago.  MyMom did all thefood andwehad it in our backyard.  Thye rented a tent in case of rain.  We had a DJ---a relative.  So, I don't know the cost but probaby 2,000 or so. 

Second marriage we wnt to Gatlinburg and paid $200 for the chapel/minister there.  

My daughter's was in Vegas this spring.  Her package was $2,800 but that included all pics and 2 nights.  Then food was probably $300 or so.  

I think people should stay in their budget, definitely.  

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 12:54 AM
Ours was tiny. Total I think we spent $500. We plan to renew next year for our 10 yr anniversary...and we will be spending quite a bit more this time around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)