Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Extravagent Weddings?

Posted by   + Show Post

I love to see those shows on TV that have crazy amazing weddings and all, but when the price tag comes around I'm always pretty shocked!

Did you have an 'extravagent' wedding? What was the price tag? If you could do it again, would you do it differently?

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Replies (11-12):
LindaClement
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 2:34 AM

It felt extravagent... it was $3100 all in for 90 guests. It was a good party. I could do it again tomorrow for a lot less.

Ludvik_Smith
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:59 AM

We just got married this last August. We had a budget of $5000, but never really kept a detailed expenses list, so I'm not sure what the final number was, but I'm pretty sure we didn't spend more than that, if anything, less.

We got married on my in-laws lawn and had the reception there, too. We invited about 100 guests. MIL and I and one of her good friends did all the decorating and in-laws have other good friends who helped out in other ways like letting us borrow tablecloths.

I planted my own sunflowers which I used in my and my bridesmaids bouquets and as table center pieces, they were beautiful.

My uncle is drummer in a band so they played for us as a wedding present.

DH and I had a blast. I thought our wedding was just perfect. To me, it's all about being surrounded by close friends and family as we take our vows and then celebrating together, not about the extravagance. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)