Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So What's Wrong With Sponge Bob ?

Posted by   + Show Post

head people say that they didn't like it for their children, but never state why. Can some one give me an  example.

by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-26):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2011 at 7:47 PM
That wasn't my point. The point is, just bc it is a cartoon does not mean it's appropriate for my child to watch. I personally love family guy, not that I ever get to watch it any way. Lol

Quoting pooh2you:

the difference between family guy and the stuff like that is those are adult cartoons and sponge bob the is better that that avatar and stuff like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:45 PM
My dd is too lil for tv still but my friends kids love it! I can watch it from time to time with them but I dunno, def not a fav of mine! I think all things personally can have something found wrong with them so to me its just w/e!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma232010
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM

prob goin to get bashed for this but oh well. i let my son watch family guy, american dad, sponge bob south park and robat chicken, we watch it together and he loves the shows. IMO he is 2 young to get the "adult" jokes on the shows. 

Andeigh
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I personally don't feel there's anything wrong with watching in it moderation, just like any other show.  I don't allow Family Guy (which I have never even seen) or South Park etc. 

blessed_mom3x
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Spongebob is NO longer allowed in our house as of 4 years ago. My daughter used to watch it...guess what she learned at the ripe old age of 5? She learned to run away from home...uh huh the cartoon taught her it was okay to do that if you don't like the way things are going aka you're not getting your way!

janessa27
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Quoting blessed_mom3x:

Spongebob is NO longer allowed in our house as of 4 years ago. My daughter used to watch it...guess what she learned at the ripe old age of 5? She learned to run away from home...uh huh the cartoon taught her it was okay to do that if you don't like the way things are going aka you're not getting your way!

Little Bill had an episode like that too- and DS thought it was ok....at age 4. We do watch Spongebob (and Little Bill still) at our house- I was watching it before I had kids. I don't see anything wrong with it:)

Photobucket
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN