Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do people do things on FB that just annoy the crap outta you? (Like announcing someones death on their status?)

My next door neighbor has a daughter who is 17. She 'friended me on FB and just changed her status from 'in a relationship' to 'Married'.

I just want to say 'Honey, just because you've been dating/sleeping with a boy for 6 months does NOT make you married. GROW UP'. Before I am accused of beign too harsh to a teenage girl -she also has a baby from another boy. I feel like she should be a little more mature.

Anyway-- are their things people put on their FB's that just make you go huh?!

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
LindaClement
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I ignore most of that. I LOVE watching people have arguments in front of everyone... they have absolutely no shame, and no sense that perhaps they're colouring everyone's view of them --not their opponent.

Quoting monkeymamma72:

Oh man, there's so much.  I get so disgusted with people posting all their arguements with people and just whining and complaining constantly.  Isn't there ANYTHING in their life that is good they can post about?  And people asking me constantly to vote for their contests drives me nuts.  Don't friend me just to ask me to vote for you.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 3:51 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting jltplk25:

I hate the fake fb marriages. Oh this ones my favorite... Yesterday I was reading one of my cousin's status things. Well for whatever reason some chick started running her mouth, telling my cousin she needed to "learn to type stupied."

How can you insult someone when ya can't even spell?!

USAFamily
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I agree! I would never put my private business between Dh and I on there. A woman whose Dh works for my Dh put a status up recently basically saying how much she regretted her marriage. Does she not realize that EVERYONE can see that??? Crazy!

Quoting MommyFlood:

I hate when people get in an argument with their SO and got straight to the passive aggressive statuses about them and change their relationship status, just to change it back 20 minutes later. I hide those people.

Stevied13
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i hate when things that should be kept private are all over FB. or people that whine all the time on their status.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 4:10 PM

HUGE dislike- the 'woe is me' statuses. I can understand one or 2 posts when you are going through some stuff-- but there are somethings that are A) TMI B) You've wallowed enough, time to suck it up and do something!

Quoting Stevied13:

i hate when things that should be kept private are all over FB. or people that whine all the time on their status.

miraclesx2
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM

OMG Yes! actually I deleted her, I couldn't take it anymore. Everything she would put on FB was so goody goody about her and her DH but in real life it is not even close.  There were so many times she was talking how her son did this and daughter did that, when in fact if they were forced to do it. The kids are always screamed at and if don't listen to her she calls her hubs home.  I quit being friends in real life with her I couldn't take the negative anymore.  I am far from perfect but I don't advertise it on fb and a blog that is for sure. And the new fb just stinks.. 

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2011 at 5:45 PM
I also detest the "starting ____ you will have to pay for Facebook." status. And the ones that are about breast cancer awareness... I am NOT putting the color of my bra or underwear on there nor am I going to pretend to be pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Sep. 25, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I have a friend that posts constantly on there about everything that they do from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed. Really... I don't need to know every thing you do through out the day.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I agree with this too. If people know you in real life, they will know if you are lying.

Quoting miraclesx2:

OMG Yes! actually I deleted her, I couldn't take it anymore. Everything she would put on FB was so goody goody about her and her DH but in real life it is not even close.  There were so many times she was talking how her son did this and daughter did that, when in fact if they were forced to do it. The kids are always screamed at and if don't listen to her she calls her hubs home.  I quit being friends in real life with her I couldn't take the negative anymore.  I am far from perfect but I don't advertise it on fb and a blog that is for sure. And the new fb just stinks.. 

USAFamily
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Or the ones that say 6 inches. WTH?! My church friends would be so confused lol

Quoting jltplk25:

I also detest the "starting ____ you will have to pay for Facebook." status. And the ones that are about breast cancer awareness... I am NOT putting the color of my bra or underwear on there nor am I going to pretend to be pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN