Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Will you let your teenager?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM
  • 27 Replies

Have sleepovers under your roof? Will you be ok with them having sex? Why?

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mojitomommy
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Sleep overs yea. Not sex . I know they will do it but I want them to be safe about it .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Sleepovers with opposite sex? NO and I definitely would NOT be ok with them having sex under my roof. If they're still living under my roof chances are they aren't prepared for a baby, so I will not be encouraging it to happen in my house. It's the least I could do if my teenager would be having sex.

"I am the conductor of the orchestra in my head. Some days; it's a symphony. Other days; it's a middle school band practice."

Pammi86
by Pamela on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:31 PM
No across the board! I want to teach her to wait! Until college at least please lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamas1stbaby
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Absolutely not...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmom1328
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:38 PM
No!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Sep. 25, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Teenage sleep overs..no I have issues getting enough sleep as it is without the squealing teenage girls. I don't think anyone is truly okay with their teen having sex. I think it's a matter of acknowledging that it's going to happen whether we like it or it.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2011 at 11:07 PM
I dont mind same-sex sleep overs but no coed.

As for sex... I would rather they wait until they are older. I want them to make this decision based on THEIR feelings/thoughts/emotions and not bc 'everyone is doing it.' I want them to respect themselves and the person they are with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Yes, and yes.

Or, rather: yes, and 'it's none of my business.'

If, by the time they're legally allowed to consent to sex, they haven't managed to absorb our family's values, I'm certainly not going to be able to transport it through 1/4" of 14 year old human skull.

Meltopia529
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Sleepovers sure why not...my parents would let my boyfriend sleepover. Granted we dated for ever and he had to sleep on the couch.

Sex in my home...O hell no! While I know damn well they will be having sex...I just don't want it to be in my home.

Andeigh
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 8:46 AM

A same sex sleepover, sure why not?  

A sleepover with a boy?  hmm not so much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)