Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you let your teenager?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have sleepovers under your roof? Will you be ok with them having sex? Why?

M2mMelissa

by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Replies (21-27):
allison86
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Same sex sleepover....sure. And if the girls want to have some fun together.....at least they can't get preggo. lol

stormystar15
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM
This might shock everyone but yes i would let my boys have a coed sleep over and i would rather them do it in my house where i know there is protection handy and of course only after i drill them about using protection to prevent stds and unwanted pregnancys. my feelings may change as my boys get older but the way i see it is that they are going to do it either way so i dont see why not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom let me have guys sleep over. I got pregnant in high school. Go figure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Sarah-- I liked your comment not because I think it's awesome you got pregnant in highschool, but because I appreciate you sharing. I knew a lot of 'cool' parents who wanted common ground with their kids and let g/f or b/f sleep over. I also know several of them who ended up as teenage parents (starting at 14). If I can prevent it from happening and not make it easy on them, then I will do it.

starlight1968
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

um SERIOUSLY...LORDY don't ask for trouble and you won't get any...

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM
That's exactly what she tried to be. The "cool parent". More like she never grew up and learned real responsibility.

Our house was the party house growing up. A bunch of the kids from my high school bought drugs from her. She was always giving kids pills and alcohol. Sleeping with my boyfriends.
All while she should have been trying to be a good example.
I just had to deal with her for 5 days so I'm a little cranky. If you couldn't tell. Haha.

Quoting USAFamily:

Sarah-- I liked your comment not because I think it's awesome you got pregnant in highschool, but because I appreciate you sharing. I knew a lot of 'cool' parents who wanted common ground with their kids and let g/f or b/f sleep over. I also know several of them who ended up as teenage parents (starting at 14). If I can prevent it from happening and not make it easy on them, then I will do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Oh my goodness, I don't even wanna think about that yet!  HAHA!  I don't have a teenager yet, but when he is, a definite NO to both.  My teenage stepdaughter (at the time she was living with us) wanted a boy in her room and we allowed it, but the door was open and I checked on 'em.....frequently!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)