Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how did/do you find time?!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM
  • 8 Replies
With a newborn..how did/do you find time to get things done around the house? In the morning after he eats I usually have time to shower, dress,and if i'm lucky eat. After that it seems like I can't get anything done except for feeding and changing him. I don't get a break when my Bf comes home from work because so far he hasn't changed one diaper..and I breastfeed so he can't help feed him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Andeigh
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 8:55 AM

When they were napping.. Newborns sleep a lot!  

It got harder when I also had children and a newborn, but you just find the time, or let messes go.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM
I clean and do other things when he sleeps or after he goes to bed at night. DH also helps a lot by playing with him so I can pick up or he just does the cleaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2011 at 10:12 AM
My doctor told me when I had my firstborn: the house will still be there so just relax.

I clean house as I go along. You can always do the moby wrap and carry him with you as you clean. Also my fav item with Lexi was a swing... That thing was awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I did everything while my dd slept but I didn't wait til she was asleep to shower and stuff, I just brought her bassinet or bouncy in the bathroom with me. I was a single mom with zero help.

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Usually while the baby sleeping if I wasn't needing a nap too. Otherwise move the bouncy chair, swing, bassinet, playpen...whatever into the room I needed to work on. For the colicky one I wore her while I did everything I needed to do except cook and dishes. I am blessed to have a dh that helped when they were babies too.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM

I have no idea, but I'll find out in February! LOL!

PEEK05
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Wear him

USAFamily
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Honestly, for the first few weeks, I didn't. I just did what I could, tried not to stress, and was totally happy if at the end of the day I managed to keep me and baby alive (so far, so good).

I recently found flylady.com (thanks to the ladies here) and on that website, it helps you establish a schedule of routines. I CRAVE routine so I love this site and am finally managing my house much better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN