Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What kind of chores do your kids do?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

My Boys are 10, 9, & 7

My boys are in charge of keeping their bedroom, game room, and bathroom clean ( and it doesn't have to be spotless) 

the older are in charge of vacuuming they alternate with me( we take turns vacuuming) 

the older two also take turns with me loading and unloading the diswasher

All three are in charge of trash duty

We also alternate putting their clothes away after i washed them

They also sweep & mop sometimes. 

by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Right now it's a chore just to get my dd to keep her room clean. It was easier in the summer...

mrsnoble2004
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:48 PM

There is nothing wrong with having your children do chores.  I have 3 girls. (12, 8, and 5) The oldest does the dishes after dinner and folds laundry. The 8 year old helps put away laundry. The 5 yr. old feeds the dog. All are responsible for keeping their rooms clean. And they keep they're bathroom picked up (floor free of dirty clothes and empty toilet paper rolls).

LoriAnn87
by Member on Sep. 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM

my 3 year old sweeps the floor with the swiffer dry cloth, cleans his room, helps with the wash and the dishes.

luvmy3b0yz
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Quoting LoriAnn87:

my 3 year old sweeps the floor with the swiffer dry cloth, cleans his room, helps with the wash and the dishes.

My youngest now 7 loves to do that

LoriAnn87
by Member on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Quoting luvmy3b0yz:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

My youngest now 7 loves to do that

my son loves the swiffer and will ask mom can i use the swiffer.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Landon makes his bed, puts trash bag back in the can, and is supposed to clean his room. Lexi's chore is just not fall down all the time. Lol. They're 4 and 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyWeston
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:38 PM

DS1- Take out the garbage. cut the grass/rake leafs/shovel drive way, keep his room clean & clean up after himself

DD1- Help wih dishes, walk the dog, keep her room & clean up after herself

DS2- Take out recycling, clear the table,  keep his room clean & clean up after himself.

DD2- Set the table, feed the dog, keep her room clean & clean up after herself.

DS3- Pick up the toys, keep his room clean & clean up after himself.

armywife1229
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM

My kids are 3 and 18 months.

They put their clothes in the hamper, make their beds, set the table, help with emptying the dishwasher, and putting their toys away.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 27, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Mainly at this point to keep their rooms cleaned up and to clean up after themselves around the house, but I have them help out with random other things too

BabyName Ticker

Smiley0143
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Im envious. My kids will not do anything around the house.. I can physically take their hand to make them pick up something and still they wont. I have no back up from my husband, he sits there like a rock and lets me deal with the kids. When they refuse he lets it stay that way for good. I cant go too long before I break down and do it myself because  get tired of living in filth.

Smiley0143

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)