Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

since its almost domestic violence awareness month...

Posted by   + Show Post
10-Year-Old Saves Mom From Abusive Boyfriend

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on Sep 27, 2011 at 1:30 PM

A 10-year-old boy in Holiday, Florida heroically saved his mom from her abusive boyfriend on Sunday. The boy apparently watched in horror as 46-year-old Dennis Sullivan pushed around his 37-year-old mom, hit her, and head-butted her to the ground. The mom told her young son to run outside and go to his grandfather's house down the street, but luckily, the boy didn't behave. He ran outside all right, but he didn't hop on his bike and ride to granddad's; he instead grabbed a weapon and went back into the house.

Sullivan started yelling at the youngster, calling him names and making fun of his deceased dad, then decided to go after the boy. It was then that the 10-year-old hit him square across the face with the shovel he found in the garage.

After the blow knocked Sullivan down, the boy and his mom fled the scene and were able to call the cops. Sullivan was arrested and, on the way to the hospital, threatened to kill his girlfriend, her shovel-happy son, and the deputy, then proceeded to kick out the back window of the cruiser and spit on the officer's arm. He's now behind bars (thank god!) and his bail's been set at $25,000.

Can you believe this ass-clown? I hope he's locked up for good. The fact that he not only abused his girlfriend but also threatened to kill a child seems like a crime worth punishable by a thousand needles to one's testicles, but I'm no law-enforcer. I also pray that this brave little boy is put in safe hands ... maybe this terrible boyfriend of his mother's was an anomaly, but you never know. If he's been exposed to this kind of violent abuse all his life, he's most certainly going to need love, support, and therapy.

But one thing's for sure: The youngin' has great instincts. He knew that his mom was in trouble and, without his intervention, she could be in grave danger. He did what he had to do to protect his mom, and thank goodness he did. Had he run to granddad's like he was told, the story could've ended very differently. I mean, if Sullivan was threatening to kill her, I'm apt to believe he would have.

It's a terrible story and there are certainly no winners. It's a shame that the boy was only able to demonstrate his bravery by coming to the defense of his mother and beating her abuser with a shovel, but at least mom and boy are safe tonight. And hopefully it will stay that way for awhile.

What do you think of this story?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Replies (11-12):
monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 29, 2011 at 1:04 AM

"The fact that he not only abused his girlfriend but also threatened to kill a child seems like a crime worth punishable by a thousand needles to one's testicles, but I'm no law-enforcer. I also pray that this brave little boy is put in safe hands ..."

AMEN!!!!

splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 29, 2011 at 3:10 PM
That was my first thought. With bail that low he will be back out in no time. I just hope the mother doesn't end up back with that psycho.

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Glad they are both safe for know. I wonder what happens when abusive boyfriend gets out though.

And on another note ,"...a crime punishable by a thousand needles to one's testicles,..." LMAO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)