Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So frustrating!! (just a vent)

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
Being the wife of a deputy I hear plenty of stories about the events that happened during Tim's shift. I love hearing his stories and I'm glad he wants to share that part of his day with me.

So what's frustrating about that? Nothing, actually. What is frustrating is hearing other people, who have nothing but third-fourth hand knowledge of certain things, argue that I'm wrong.

A couple months ago someone anonymously submitted a letter to the newspaper saying that the sheriff was having an affair with the county prosecuting attorney. There was no ounce of truth to it but did the newspaper care? No. The sheriff was blindsided by it and had no clue until his wife came screaming into his office. It wasn't true but people still think it is... The person I got into it with said it was simply bc it was in the paper. Yeah this is the same newspaper that listens to the police scanner and will print things that they've heard as quotes. The deputies have been warned to be careful what they say over the radio now.

Then yesterday there was an incident where a man was attacked by two boxers and a city cop shot one of the dogs. At dinner that night my sister-in-law was trying to tell us a story about three pit bulls attacking a man after he tried to break up a fight. Tim told her that wasn't what happened and told her the real story. Apparently her boss's mom had told the story when she came over. Ugh. It's crap like that that gets rumors started. This same lady is the one I got into it with over the sheriff's supposed affair. Guess ya can't fix stupid, huh? Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:02 AM

You're right, you can't fix stupid!

Do people have nothing better to do than try to cause problems? I HATE people like that.

USAFamily
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:25 AM

People will say ANYTHING for some good drama :\

That would bug the crap out of me too!

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 11:34 AM

My dad was a sergeant for the MN state patrol and people were always saying stupid crap.I know how you feel.

monkeymamma72
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I hear ya.  It IS frustrating.  People just need to mind their own business, but unfortunately that doesn't happen.  I run into the same stuff when hubby's had a call or heard about a call from one of his co-workers (he's a medic) and then you see stuff about it in the paper that is just SO not what really happened.  You're right...can't fix stupid....or nosy people, or gossipping, etc.  Sad.

LovelyLauren55
by on Sep. 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Nope no cure for stupid! Dont ya wish there was a pill or something? Lmao

BabyName Ticker

Aries46845
by on Oct. 1, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Quoting goddess99:

You're right, you can't fix stupid!

Do people have nothing better to do than try to cause problems? I HATE people like that.

AGREED!

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Oo if there was, this town could make the pharamacutical ppl very wealthy. ;)

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Nope no cure for stupid! Dont ya wish there was a pill or something? Lmao

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Isn't it funny how that works.  I am in the same boat.  I just listen and don't say much.  My hubby is a deupty in the jail for the moment, but will be going to patrol in January so it will get more interesting.  Ours are told to be careful regardless since everything they talk about in the patrol car is recorded!  :)

You wouldn't believe all the stupid that is going on within the sheriff's department.  I don't get how someone with a good paying job gives it all up for stupid!  Go figure.  LOL

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Hmm... Is he working for the same county as mine? Lol.

Tim's stuff is recorded too... Just wait til your dh has to deal with the crazies. Those are my favorites. Poor dh always seems stuck transporting the crazies to the mental hospital. Haha

Quoting kaitybird:

Isn't it funny how that works.  I am in the same boat.  I just listen and don't say much.  My hubby is a deupty in the jail for the moment, but will be going to patrol in January so it will get more interesting.  Ours are told to be careful regardless since everything they talk about in the patrol car is recorded!  :)

You wouldn't believe all the stupid that is going on within the sheriff's department.  I don't get how someone with a good paying job gives it all up for stupid!  Go figure.  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2011 at 1:47 PM

I'm sorry, this is so stressful for you. Please try to ignore as much as possible as you can not change ignorant people. I know how hard this is believe me, reading this made me mad because I own a pitbull and it's people like this that gives them a bad name! But then I slowly calm myself because I'm used to it. Boxers don't sell newspapers, Pitbulls do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)