Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Cravings like I'm pregnant!

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

So, it's my lady time-- you know, Aunt Flo is visiting. When it's that time, I get craving pasta, and cake, and basically all things starch/wheat based. YUM!! I am sure I gain 25 pounds every period....

Do you do that?? I wasn't like that before I had kids, but now it's so weird.

What has changed about you/your body since having kids?

M2mMelissa

by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Now my time of the month only lasts 2-3 days and I'm done, plus it's light. Love it.

USAFamily
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Lucky!! Mine has gotten HORRIBLE. I have craps like you wouldn't believe, and it goes for up to a week. WTH!?

Quoting goddess99:

Now my time of the month only lasts 2-3 days and I'm done, plus it's light. Love it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I'm probably alot older than you though, I might be heading into menopause..

Quoting USAFamily:

Lucky!! Mine has gotten HORRIBLE. I have craps like you wouldn't believe, and it goes for up to a week. WTH!?

Quoting goddess99:

LovelyLauren55
by on Oct. 2, 2011 at 5:05 PM

My periods are much lighter since having kids

Pink-Diamond
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Lovely content here but my cycles have been heavier than they used to be. More discomfort, worse pms symptoms, lots of bloating, would kill for chocolate, and the week "before" and the week "of" I would call "Fuck-it!" weeks! Just fuck it! (Not the sexual sort of thing)

However I have gone to my doctor and talked with her about my worsening symptoms and she prescribed birth control pills for me to take continuously - meaning I take only the active pills then move onto the next pack taking only the active pills then move onto the next pack taking only the active pills, etc.. I can now have 3 periods a year. I have gone as far as 4 months before my body tried to do her thing, so I let her. I will continue taking the active pills for another 4 months then take a break so she can do her thing again. I have no bloating, fatigue, anger, or any of the problem symptoms I had before. Thank goodness! I have had a tubal so this is only used for lessening my symptoms and allowing me to live and enjoy myself for a change without wasting two entire weeks of every month as "fuck it!" weeks!

TMI, sorry.. 

Proud New Air Force Mom!

Congatulations BRYAN!

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM
Sounds like mine. It sucks :(

It was better right after I started bc, then it went downhill. Now my bc is out and they are giving me a hard time about getting more. So I'm sure this will jack up my cycles even more. Ugh..

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I have to take a combined hormone birth control or go into menopause at an early age. So the doctor says I have another 20 years to go with the BC.

skittles2011
by on Oct. 4, 2011 at 9:04 AM

after having ds2 in december every af since then ive craved cinnamon rolls, & cinnamon brown sugar pop tarts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN