Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Im a Cosmetologist.....Any questions for me?

Posted by   + Show Post

i just moved to a new state and am really missing my job......i was at my last salon for over two years and ive been without a job for FOUR DAYS NOW!!!!  I'm going crazy !!!

by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-18):
jenniferlee_12
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 3:22 PM

What is the best shampoo for thin and fine hair?

heidi_r_77
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM

is it color treated? have oyu had any chemical treatments such as perm, or straightening? if so, how long has it been since your last treatment?

heidi_r_77
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM

if you dont have any color or any kind of treatment on it, I would suggest Sergino Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. It really does work ! I had a lot of clients swear by it! May I also ask how old you are? Your hair density and texture can weaken with age or the types of medication that you are taking, and your diet. Heat medications can have a lot of affect on your hair, skin and nails.

armywife1229
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Arbonne is a brand, all natural and vegan cosmetics. I love them. Their lines have done great things for my skin. 

toomanypoodles
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Now that I'm fifty and menopausal I'm seeing my hair thinning, in the front, right above my forehead.  Other than parting my bangs to the side to hide it, is there anything I can do?

Thanks for offering your expertise to us!

cancerfighter
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I am a 50 year old, chemo and radiation patient....lines and wrinkles are a part of my life....any suggestions for products to minimize them and help with make up that doesn't emphazie them when I wear it?

heidi_r_77
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM

here is a lot of info at once, i'm sorry....hope i dont get to be too boring !

The average person loses anywhere between 50 to 100 hairs per day. and the growth cycle happens in three stages. active, telogen and anagen. active is when it is actually growing. telogen is when the hair bulb is dieing and falling out, and and the anagen is the stage of hair growth that lasts two to six years. now, with that said, massaging your scalp is a great way to get the lymph moving in there which stimulates the blood, therefore, supplying the nutrients the scalp follicles need to get the hair growing again.....this may take awhile but it will definitely help. If you notice that you are losing more than 100 + strands per day ( handfuls at a time when brushing or clogging the drain during the shower) please speak to your doctor.

for those of you who are losing their hair due to medications, there are LOTS of wonderful options out there for you. There are full wigs or small  hair pieces that you can add to your own hair and they will look natural. Your stylist should be more than happy to teach you how to apply so you wont have to worry about it falling down.

Human hair wigs should be cleaned every 2 to four weeks with liquid-dry shampoos followed with a conditioner. for the synthetic hair it should be washed every 6 to 12 weeks, these do not require conditoner unless the manufacturer specifically states.

hair pieces come in all lengths, color, wavy, straight or curly.....dont be afraid to try on different things! this is actually a lot of fun! and......Lucky you ! you get to have a new style, cut and color for every day of the week if you choose to! I would do it too, but my family already thinks im crazy enough for cutting my long hair to short, and each time i change the color my youngest tells me "you dont look like my mommy.''  so much for that! would love to be a blonde! lol !

heidi_r_77
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM

i would suggest getting a facial ! Not only is this extremely relaxing but it does wonders for your skin! Is there a beauty school around you? I know that facials can be expensive so this is a great way to get firmer, tighter skin without breaking the bank ! There are 4 steps to skin care : Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize and Massage.

facial masks are great for your skin and they come in different types for your type of skin. the benefits include : increasing the firmness of your skin, promotes blood circulation, aabsorbs and removes unwanted surface oil, removes skin impurities, hydrates the skin, tightens the pores, softens and smoothes the skin, AND relaxes you! what more could you want?!? LOL !

Make up : what and when to apply :

Corrector/Concealer/Base

Foundation

Contouring and Hilighting

Facial Powder

Cheek Blush

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN